Ford Transit USA Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Unfortunately, the DC to DC battery chargers are not included in the list of products at Renogy's 15% off sale. However... Rakuten is currently having a sitewide 15% off sale for Labor Day, and the Renogy DC to DC chargers are available at Rakuten. They actually just forward the order to Renogy for fulfillment. You can also get another 5% cashback by paying with PayPal at either Renogy or Rakuten if you signed up for the quarterly Discover Card promotion.

I just ordered the 20 amp version here: https://www.rakuten.com/shop/renogy/product/RNG-DCC1212/. Use code SAVE15 at checkout. With the 15% off and Discover cashback, the final cost is 104.97.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the 40a model and it does not seem to be delivering any charge to my battery. Have all the dip switches set up per their manual and website, it's receiving power when I turn on the van and with a multimeter I can see it's putting out some voltage but my victron shows that it's not adding any charge to my battery. It's currently run through my bus bar but appears to be set up correctly. It would be nice if I could actually bring my SOC up with driving... Anyone experiencing this issue?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have the 40a model and it does not seem to be delivering any charge to my battery. Have all the dip switches set up per their manual and website, it's receiving power when I turn on the van and with a multimeter I can see it's putting out some voltage but my victron shows that it's not adding any charge to my battery. It's currently run through my bus bar but appears to be set up correctly. It would be nice if I could actually bring my SOC up with driving... Anyone experiencing this issue?

Dumb question I hope, but do you have the 12V on/off terminal wired to a switch or relay somehow?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I finished installing my Renogy 20A 12v DC to DC battery charger yesterday. I'll be using it in addition to a previously installed Renogy 100 watt solar panel, Renogy 20A MPPT solar charge controller and Victron BMV700 battery monitor.

I connected the charger input positive to one of the van Customer Connection Points (CCP) via a 40A fuse and the charger input negative directly to a negative terminal of the van duel AGM batteries.

I connected the charger positive control signal input to one of the van upfitter AUX switches via a 3A fuse for manual on-off control of the charger when the engine is running. The same upfitter AUX switch also controls an Arctic 120 mm fan to pull cool air into the electrical cabinet when the charger is operating.

I connected the charger output positive terminal to the positive terminal of the "house" Lifeline 12v 100 AH AGM battery via a 30A fuse and the charger negative output to the Victron battery monitor shunt.

The charging end voltage DIP switches S1 and S2 values were set for 14.4v and the maintenance charge voltage DIP switches S3 and S4 values were set for 13.2v as determined optimum by Lifeline Batteries for my battery.

Everything works great!
I have been using a similar Renogy set up daily for the past month. Having the combination of the 100 watt solar panel and the 20 amp DC to DC charger has allowed me to charge my 100 ah battery to 100% daily even during extended cloudy periods this fall in northern latitudes. No need for shore power charging.

My electrical load includes several LED task lights, multiple 12 volt chargers, a MaxxFan, a 50qt ARB refrigerator, a shower 12 volt water pump, and occasionally overnight a Fantastic Breeze fan. No need for an inverter. Reaching a 100% charge daily allows my 100 ah AGM battery to stay above 80% by morning.

Also, two thumbs up for the VictronConnect Bluetooth app!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have been using a similar Renogy set up daily for the past month. Having the combination of the 100 watt solar panel and the 20 amp DC to DC charger has allowed me to charge my 100 ah battery to 100% daily even during extended cloudy periods this fall in northern latitudes.

Also, two thumbs up for the VictronConnect Bluetooth app!
It's nice seeing 20 amps charge current on days like this! IMG_20191007_100827301_HDR_1570492878973.jpg

Attachments

61 - 65 of 65 Posts