Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
670 Posts
FYI - I just noticed the manual shows a 60A version is available. No mention of it on Renogy's site though.

The 2nd control cable, which the reviewer couldn't figure out, is for reducing power to 12.5%/5A (the manual is unclear if this related to output or fixed across models)

*update

Since I know Renogy often rebrands equipment I did some searching and it seems Dometic offers a similar product in Europe (no 60A version either though)

Attachments

·
Registered
894 Posts
FYI - I just noticed the manual shows a 60A version is available. No mention of it on Renogy's site though.

That was the one that kept going up in smoke during the beta testing phase.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I just ordered the 20a version ($129) after watching that review. Renogy has a 10% coupon if you register an account (welcome10) and free ground shipping.

I previously had a small Victron charger running on my inverter when the van was running, but this was so cheap, I figured I'd jump on it. I can still use my Victron charger for shore power charging.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks for posting. Does anyone know if there is an ignition switched circuit under the driver's seat? That is the only detail keeping me from pulling the trigger on this unit.

·
Registered
670 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks for posting. Does anyone know if there is an ignition switched circuit under the driver's seat? That is the only detail keeping me from pulling the trigger on this unit.
I was thinking this as well, but i'm sure you can use this without that feature. If you are connecting to the CCP you could use a breaker to turn it on and off as needed. I also don't think it will draw power if not receiving the appropriate voltage.

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
The Ctek D250S handles both b2b and solar charging for over $100 less. The only difference is 20 amps vs 25.
Its certainly not the only differences. The Intervolt is IP67 and can be installed externally and it includes a remote monitor/control. The ebay listing also includes two thermal 40A breakers which run ~$50/each.

·
Registered
176 Posts
For over $100 more i think you mean. ctek is $240.
No, less than the unit he posted; not the Renogy unit referenced in the initial post.

Don't misunderstand me, the Renogy 20/40 is a good deal for b2b charging. I just noted that if you also want to charge from solar, you need to add a solar charger. The Ctek handles alternator plus solar input without the need for a regulator. Options are good.

·
Registered
86 Posts
No, less than the unit he posted; not the Renogy unit referenced in the initial post.

Don't misunderstand me, the Renogy 20/40 is a good deal for b2b charging. I just noted that if you also want to charge from solar, you need to add a solar charger. The Ctek handles alternator plus solar input without the need for a regulator. Options are good.
ahh gotcha this makes sense. Combined the Ctek is a good deal. People seem to love them.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was thinking this as well, but i'm sure you can use this without that feature. If you are connecting to the CCP you could use a breaker to turn it on and off as needed. I also don't think it will draw power if not receiving the appropriate voltage.
I am thinking of using either the AUX1 or AUX2 upfitter switch so I can manually control when the charging converter is switched on via a 12V signal.

·
Registered
171 Posts

There is some info here on hooking it up to the engine run line. There is also an ignition line, but I don’t want my charger to be on in the accessory state. There are a number of threads here if you search for C33-E Vehicle Interface Connector or “engine run” .

I am just getting started researching it, but the 2019 BEMM mentions newer models having an 8 pin connector instead of the 6 pin connector.

Link: https://moreysintransit.com/engine-on-signal-via-ford-transit-vehicle-interface-connector/

1 - 20 of 69 Posts