Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find any threads pertaining to the removal of the rear heater. The threads about the rear AC taught me that it could not be removed because it is linked to the front AC. Does anyone know if the same applies to the rear heat?

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Maybe search the Rear Heat Prep Package threads, Or the Iso-Therm water heater threads for idea's how it is plumbed.
There is a complete Coolant flow chart for the for the ecoboost with the rear heat option in one of the other forum threads, Maybe when I wake up enough I will remember the right search word to find that again.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure. I just need to figure out if I can remove it without interfering with my front heater.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Is your rear heater located under the passenger seat or all the way in the back?
Either way it should be pretty much modular , consists of a heater hose going into the heater core, a different heater hose coming out of the heater core, ,,

Electronics
A red wire that powers it
A black wire for ground.
A single wire to feed ign to relay pack
Then ussually just a single harness running up to a switch in the cab area coming from the modular unit.
The modular unit consists of a plastic housing that has the heater core , blower motor fan , relay pack and resister mounted to it.
The harness would have a few wires in it going from the modular unit to a connector that plugs into the switch in the cab area.

So for removing the electronics it should be as easy as disconnecting the red power wire , then disconnect the black ground wire and then unplug the harness from the switch in the cab area.
Also unhook the single ignition feed wire
The hard part is getting the harness out from behind the panels because who knows which route it takes , you just have to follow the harness and figure out how it comes out.

It would be helpful for you to see a picture of the heater unit that's out of a van , then you can visually see what your trying to remove.
I don't have a picture.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is under the passenger seat. I was hoping it wouldn't have any pipes connecting it to the main heater, and it sounds like it probably doesn't. I will try to take a look at it this weekend.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Photo's of how the rear heater is bypassed from the factory on Transit's with the Rear Heater Prep Package.
Post #10

1 - 11 of 11 Posts