Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting so many request for this booklet and the many errors that showed up on the Ford online 'Build your Own Transit', I am doing a reissue of the booklet.
Part of the reason that I stopped doing it was not being able to continue with Transit allocations and making sure that purchasing the booklet would lead to being able to complete the service and able to order and get the Transit for the buyer. We may not be able to get any more allocations so the last part of the service may not be available unless we get those allocations. If this becomes the case and we get to the point that a preview order is completed with a price quote and we can't get you a Transit ordered, I will be refunding your $40 fee for the service.

So here is how we are going forward with the service. First this will only go for the rest of January as far as ordering the booklet. Everything that was part of getting the booklet will be the same and I will place that information within this forum thread.

Here is what you need to get on board to get the booklet!

Personal check or money order for $40
Mail it to:

Ed Bowers

P. O. Box 271284
Dallas, TX 75227

I need the following information with your payment
Name
Mailing Address
Email Address
Contact phone number
Type of Transit body style you want to order
...Cargo, CrewVan, or Passenger van...if in
? state which ones you may want
This determines the pricing pages that are included in the booklet

Once I receive your payment, your booklet is mailed to the address you list with your payment. The booklet comes in a 12" X 12" X 2" box so you may need to let your carrier know about it or have it where they can get it to you. It won't bend to a smaller size.

What is different on this reissue? It contains the NEW 1/03/2022 updated Ford Transit Order Guide that has the most updated information on the options for the Transit. With this booklet you will get the 2022 Ford 2022 Exterior Colors brochure. Even though the colors from 2021 are the same, I have this new one available.

Cloud Font Material property Rectangle Circle
Font Publication Paper Document Terrestrial plant
Font Number Paper Paper product Document
Font Publication Paper Document Parallel
Font Material property Rectangle Parallel Circle
Cloud Sky Font Rectangle Material property

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some important sections within this booklet that are really helpful. The purpose of the booklet is to give you the most available order information for the 2022 Transit and be able to build out a Transit Order sheet. with the special email address that goes along with this service, you get immediate attention on building out your order and be able to answer any questions you have about your order. Once you have the preview order just like you want to place the order, I can give you a price quote.

At that point, it is in your hands. If we can be assured of placing the order and getting the Transit built, then we will require a $1000 deposit. Based upon certain situations, we may be able to place the order with NO deposit which would mean that we may not have allocation to get your Transit but will rely on Ford coming through with the Customer Order Verification Program to fulfill making the order going through to production. You will still have your preference to going to your local dealer with the preview order and get your Transit ordered with them but we can't assure that your selected dealer can get the Transit body style you have chosen.

Font Rectangle Tints and shades Pattern Symmetry
Font Number Rectangle Parallel Pattern
Window Rectangle Font Publication Pattern
Font Terrestrial plant Document

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have made contact with the local Ford reps and Ford Corporate to see what decisions they have made on adding more allocations or if they are just going with the COVP with Transit orders. For all of our 2021 Transit orders we had BOTH allocation and COVP go together and we ended up with 100% of our orders get built.

·
Registered
142 Posts
@ Ed: Does the COVP program apply also to x-plans? I have not received any communication from Ford regarding my order (not with you) and wonder why? I do have a copy of the order receipt acknowledgment with my name on it though. My dealer said all is ok, but want to have an independent verification.

Thank!

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The program is just a verification to Ford that a customer is purchasing the van and does not have to do with what buying level it is. The dealer should send you a preview order copy and you sign it and include a copy of your driver's license.

·
Registered
142 Posts
We did all that last year, and no van (Ford redlined the order in October ). A 2022 order was placed to renew the endeavor, so I only signed the preview order and he went with it. I have the attached on an e-mail from the dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They would need to resend your driver's license with that order. I took on some of the buyers who were with other dealers on the 2021 models and did not get a van like you. They came to me for a 2022 model and I have 3 already with VINs and projected build dates.

We would have to know the dealer's order history on Transits to know if they would get a order processed through production. My history in getting Transits built is having BOTH allocation and COVP to go with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We'll be looking for a 2023 model Transit Crew Van, AWD, high roof, long wheelbase. We will order your 2023 -B-O-B Transit Service Booklet when available. Is there a best time to place an order to get the best price?

·
Registered
4 Posts
After getting so many request for this booklet and the many errors that showed up on the Ford online 'Build your Own Transit', I am doing a reissue of the booklet.
Part of the reason that I stopped doing it was not being able to continue with Transit allocations and making sure that purchasing the booklet would lead to being able to complete the service and able to order and get the Transit for the buyer. We may not be able to get any more allocations so the last part of the service may not be available unless we get those allocations. If this becomes the case and we get to the point that a preview order is completed with a price quote and we can't get you a Transit ordered, I will be refunding your $40 fee for the service.

So here is how we are going forward with the service. First this will only go for the rest of January as far as ordering the booklet. Everything that was part of getting the booklet will be the same and I will place that information within this forum thread.

Here is what you need to get on board to get the booklet!

Personal check or money order for $40
Mail it to:

Ed Bowers

P. O. Box 271284
Dallas, TX 75227

I need the following information with your payment
Name
Mailing Address
Email Address
Contact phone number
Type of Transit body style you want to order
...Cargo, CrewVan, or Passenger van...if in
? state which ones you may want
This determines the pricing pages that are included in the booklet

Once I receive your payment, your booklet is mailed to the address you list with your payment. The booklet comes in a 12" X 12" X 2" box so you may need to let your carrier know about it or have it where they can get it to you. It won't bend to a smaller size.

What is different on this reissue? It contains the NEW 1/03/2022 updated Ford Transit Order Guide that has the most updated information on the options for the Transit. With this booklet you will get the 2022 Ford 2022 Exterior Colors brochure. Even though the colors from 2021 are the same, I have this new one available.

View attachment 165375 View attachment 165377 View attachment 165378 View attachment 165379 View attachment 165380 View attachment 165381
Ed, sent in our request and check on 12/31, just wanted to check in and see if you got it yet. excited to receive the updated B-O-B. thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts