Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Refrigerator Freezer help??

3043 36
Any recommendations on a refrigerator?

I don’t think I need a freezer. Don’t see the need for frozen meat.

Top or front load?

1-5 day trips

I have a goal zero 1000 Core that will be charging off the van for now then solar in the future.

thanks!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
22 Avalanche 148 AWD
443 Posts
This is one of the things where you do you. Top loading, front loading, size, color. Don't go with I got it because someone said this one was best. You need to decide where you want it first then go from there.

· Registered
22 Avalanche 148 AWD
443 Posts
@Coulee I like your approach. The combo fridge freezer makes lots of sense. Being able to freeze some stuff but yet be able to have a larger fridge at times too gives options for time of year and what you are doing. I think I need to spin circles during my build phase before I make my final choice on which one.

If we happen to cross paths and you have to much meat I'll help you out with that and then we can discuss which boot and backpack is best. ;)

· Registered
22 Avalanche 148 AWD
443 Posts
My only issue with front loader is I'll be doing lots of wash board roads. With all the vibration I think the top loader would be better to just let the stuff bounce and settle in to where a front loader things would bounce around on the shelves. I like the idea of a front loader better but for this reason I'm leaning top loader.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts