Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
My God what a friggin' mess! I would also be concerned about the electronics having issues, at the very least over time. Hate to say it, but the whole thing looks broken in that first picture?

Kinda heavy duty with the plastic fix...I think I would wrap/build a "dome" over those connections. Check 'em and replace if needed during washings. I'll certainly be keeping an eye out for the fix/redesign that Ford seems to need to do.

There are a couple of guys around here that have really used their vans...high miles. What do you guys have to say? Is this a problem for all or just some?

·
Registered
46 Posts
oh ****, I didn't know that there is also a problem with the air filter! This is the first time I read the "airfilter nightmare" So I also have to buy the walmart tub.. nice. Maybe I'll take one in orange :-D
@GROOVY2 - a hose that goes straight down could be a good solution but I don't think it has be a 2 inch hose!? The problem I see is that the stock drain hose is curved. If you replace it with a straight hose, it will be much better and it's less work. Don't you think? I will try this

@Bryon - No it is not broken. This is the original Ford quality! I guess I will never get it completely dry but most of the water drains through the funnel now and keeps the electronics almost dry. I'll give people who don't do anything about 3 or 4 years until they will have a real Problem with the ECU or the connectors. :)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
lotuseater--
I did not mean a 2 inch hose where the curved hose is -
thinking of making a plastic trough on drivers side -
want drain to be plenty big enough to handle all the water and ice that
will be pouring off the big wind shield -
2+ inches of rain per hour can be common around here-

Looks like the Euro and US models have the plastic rain troughs sides switched -

I guess ford went with shitty design on both sides of the pond -

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
lotuseater--
I did not mean a 2 inch hose where the curved hose is -
thinking of making a plastic trough on drivers side -
want drain to be plenty big enough to handle all the water and ice that
will be pouring off the big wind shield -
2+ inches of rain per hour can be common around here-

Looks like the Euro and US models have the plastic rain troughs sides switched -

I guess ford went with shitty design on both sides of the pond -
The key word I your post is the last one: "pond" under the hood.

·
Registered
336 Posts
This is my little waterfall which goes directly on to the main ECU. And you can also see my solution to hold it reasonably dry.

Greetings from Munich, Germany

Thats exactly the same as i did on mine
Even down to the same color funnel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,
We're going to look at a used 2015 T350 12 passenger today. After reading all this about the water flow issue I have some concern that I might be engineering similar fix should we decide on buying. Is it correct that 2016 models still do not have a fix for this? The NHTSA site doesn't show any water flow management recalls (yet) for any of the 2016 VINs I entered. Bureaucracy no doubt.

Anyway, the fam is excited to get one of these. We'll see how
it goes.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Hi all,
We're going to look at a used 2015 T350 12 passenger today. After reading all this about the water flow issue I have some concern that I might be engineering similar fix should we decide on buying. Is it correct that 2016 models still do not have a fix for this? The NHTSA site doesn't show any water flow management recalls (yet) for any of the 2016 VINs I entered. Bureaucracy no doubt.

Anyway, the fam is excited to get one of these. We'll see how
it goes.
We purchased a used 2015 T350 12 passenger in January and are still thrilled with it. Last week my dealer called to say they finally had all they needed to take care of the issues, and we took it in Wednesday and they handled all of them.

The water flow issue is not a recall, just a Field Service Action (FSA). I think the seat belt replacement and airbag inspection are recalls.

It appears they corrected each issue on the assembly line at different points, but took a while to get together what they needed to have the dealers retrofit the Transits already out there.

You can plug the VIN of the vehicle you are looking at on the Ford ETIS site (click for link) and see what is still outstanding for it. If the dealer is on top of things, they've already taken care of them.

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
21 - 30 of 30 Posts