Ford Transit USA Forum banner

RECALL 21C18: 2021 Transit, Passenger Seat Belt Automatic Locking Retractor

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Farley 
#1 ·
Hey FTUSA,

The other day I was greeted with a warning on my Ford Pass app.
Apparently my '21 XLT Passenger Wagon may be subject to a recall. Involving the front passenger seat belt.
Transit Connect also maybe affected.

Seems like it is a defect that would only present an issue after the belt is pulled ALL THE WAY OUT to engage the locking mechanism, like one might do if they were installing a child safety seat. No big deal right, who puts a child seat in the front anyways?!?!???
But then I got to thinking more on it---Many owners with swivels may have pulled the belt to the max during swivel install or use, frequently.
**DISCLAIMER: I may have all of the above facts incorrect. Read all about it for yourself by clicking the link below.

NHTSA Report

Font Screenshot Number Electric blue Terrestrial plant

See less See more
#2 ·
I took mine in today without reading the detail of the notice I received in the mail. They inspected it and said the retraction force is not to spec and will have to be replaced when replacement parts become available. No word on when that will be other than "early 4th quarter". If you get the notice, don't do anything until you get the next notice stating that the replacement parts are available.

#4 ·
They inspected it and said the retraction force is not to spec and will have to be replaced when replacement parts become available.
Maybe thats why the PX seatbelt flaps around so wildly when you open the window on that side on mine:unsure:

#6 ·
Not sure if I read my build date from the window sticker correctly, but it may be 2/23/21. I picked it up 3/22 from Crewvanman. Local Dealer reported the recall to me in person at service visit, inspected and said that Repair was not needed. The following week I received the notice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.