Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched -- but couldn't obtain definitive info.

We ordered our Transit in November, when the manufacturing rebate was $750.
It looks like it's at the distribution center -- could take a few days to get to our dealer...so near end of the month.

Is the alternate rebate option (at time of delivery) when the dealer takes possession (ie could be $1,000 if before April 1st)

OR

is it when we take possession? In which case we'd likely wait until after April 1st since it's so close and it's likely the rebate would be larger.

Thanks everyone,

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
The current Ford cash rebate if you took delivery before 3/31/2020 is $1000. That may change after that date if Ford makes any changes to the Ford cash rebate along with any other rebates changes or updates to current rebates. It can be a gamble as Ford can go either direction with adding MORE rebate money, keep it the SAME rebate amount, or in rare cases REDUCE the rebates as they did on some of the HR models in the 2019 model when there was very little inventory on hand and they did not need rebate money to sell those particular Transit body styles.

I am expecting rebates to get larger with the financial situation at dealerships right now trying to sell any vehicle. So will see what they have available on 4/1/2020 and I will update information on the forum about those changes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I’d wager on stagnating new car sales and proper deals coming shortly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all! I guess I'll see how close it is to April when the dealer actually receives it. Based on the other post -- listing 2k possible from Ford Credit -- either way should workout.

Cheers,

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Do you know about the Competitive rebate? It is a rebate based on your owned vehicles and you can get $2500 for owning or leasing a Full Size GM van, $1000 for any NON-Ford vehicle or a Ford Econoline. Perimeters are it has to be a 1995 or newer vehicle in your name and you have to supply proof of ownership with a current registration and/or title copy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you know about the Competitive rebate? It is a rebate based on your owned vehicles and you can get $2500 for owning or leasing a Full Size GM van, $1000 for any NON-Ford vehicle or a Ford Econoline. Perimeters are it has to be a 1995 or newer vehicle in your name and you have to supply proof of ownership with a current registration and/or title copy.

Does "NON-Ford vehicle" apply to Lincoln vehicles?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good deals coming very soon y’all, I’d hold out if possible:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well -- with my state just issuing state-wide stay home orders -- who knows what a car purchase means...likely well into April before we can take delivery anyway.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well -- with my state just issuing state-wide stay home orders -- who knows what a car purchase means...likely well into April before we can take delivery anyway.
Dealers will prob go to a Carvana type experience where paper work is done digitally and vehicles are simply dropped off

Beyond that I see the US car industry reshaping like the Europe model where dealer only keep 1 of each vehicle in stock for test drives and vehicle are delivered 4-6 weeks later

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
My dealer contacted us yesterday and said the van is at the dealership and we can do the paperwork remotely and go get it.

I replied last night (late 3/30) that with it being the end of the quarter, there was no way we were going to have time to review and sign anything before 4/1 -- at which time there were likely to be improved rebates.

He replied this morning that the sale would be dated in March and we're locked with the current rebates. This sounds weird.

He also reported that the 2k from ford motor credit (rebate program # 13758) is only valid for financing. Does anyone know off hand the bare min to finance to qualify? And whether there are prepayment bogeys/fees?

Anyone know if I can force April rebates? I feel I'm lacking info?

·
Registered
9 Posts
My van is suppose to be at my dealer on 4-6-2020. My salesman told me I have a choice of which rebates to go with. Current ones or the ones when order was placed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
My van is suppose to be at my dealer on 4-6-2020. My salesman told me I have a choice of which rebates to go with. Current ones or the ones when order was placed.
Congrats and I appreciate the response but it isn't quite the same situation I need help with. Mine is currently at the dealership (alerted yesterday) -- but I can't physically take delivery until tomorrow at the earliest -- (and I haven't signed a sales contract yet -- and won't by end of the day.) So when I actually take delivery will be when April rebates are active.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My van was delivered on 3/27 and my dealer had no issue with me waiting for the likely to drop better April rebates

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
The date you do the paperwork is the day that the rebates apply to the Transit. Your dealer just wanted to get the sale in March business so he could get paid. I always let our customers decide if they want to wait a few days if a new rebate schedule is coming up so they can take advantage of getting more rebate money on their purchase. In some cases it could be another $500 to $1000 more added rebate so you make the decision when you want to go if it is not more than a few days from the Transit arriving at the dealership.

Don't sign ANY paperwork with a date in March, 2020. Be sure it has a April date so you can take advantage of the April rebates. At this point, I would not even talk to them until after April 1st.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
You do have a choice to take the best rebates available. We had one point a few years back where the rebate was changed in the middle of a scheduled term and when that rebate schedule ended, the NEW rebate was less than the one that superseded the original rebate.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
My dealer contacted us yesterday and said the van is at the dealership and we can do the paperwork remotely and go get it.

I replied last night (late 3/30) that with it being the end of the quarter, there was no way we were going to have time to review and sign anything before 4/1 -- at which time there were likely to be improved rebates.

He replied this morning that the sale would be dated in March and we're locked with the current rebates. This sounds weird.

He also reported that the 2k from ford motor credit (rebate program # 13758) is only valid for financing. Does anyone know off hand the bare min to finance to qualify? And whether there are prepayment bogeys/fees?

Anyone know if I can force April rebates? I feel I'm lacking info?
The Ford Credit rebate is only if you finance with Ford Credit and they can be difficult to get a decent rate unless you have a high credit score. If you already have financing in place, compare the total cost of the financing to what the Ford Credit rate is with the $2000 rebate as part of that equation.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Ford Credit rebate is only if you finance with Ford Credit and they can be difficult to get a decent rate unless you have a high credit score. If you already have financing in place, compare the total cost of the financing to what the Ford Credit rate is with the $2000 rebate as part of that equation.
Thanks [email protected] -- exactly what I needed. I'll look at their rates tomorrow -- and our dealer was ultimately cool with waiting. I do think they just wanted the close to stop the bleeding of a horrible month.
We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Thanks again,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts