Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 TC XL SWB. I've installed the rear windows and now am trying to find the rearview mirror. The mirror is impossible to find. I've been to several dealership and even called corporate. Because my car didn't come with the mirror, we couldn't use the VIN to find the part. After ordering two different mirrors, I still can't find the part that will fit with the hex piece thats on my windshield. It looks a lot like the video on the net re installing a rearview mirror for a TC, but I just can't seem to find the part, and the dealer is no help. Does anyone know what part number I need? Or give me your VIN number if you have the same hex screw when you remove your mirror?
Here's an image of the attachment. This is under a plastic cover/housing. thx for any help

·
Registered
2020 3.5L EcoBoost 350 HR 148"
5 Posts
Same here, using the VIN to lookup didn't help. Our dealer suggested this part (6U5Z-17700-A) which DID NOT work. Hopefully someone here knows a part number of one that fits that hex connector.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Someone here said to look up a mirror for a transit connect van as they use this type mount..........

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I have the Rear View Mirror, I do not have any of that Electronic stuff, I do not have the Black Plastic Shroud it is mounted in, I do not have any of the wiring.
The Rear View Mirror is tiny, about 2" x 6" of Mirror Glass.
The Hex Nut in your photo is not there so it must unscrew to reveal the actual Mirror Mounting, My Mirror mounts flush with the Windshield glass. The Mounting Plate on my Mirror is small, About 1" x 2"

When I had my Windshield replaced the Glass Guy said there are 9 different Windshields for the Transit and the Windshield you get depends on the Options you have, It may take a certain Windshield to be able to mount the Rear View Mirror.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I have a 2020 TC XL SWB. I've installed the rear windows and now am trying to find the rearview mirror. The mirror is impossible to find. I've been to several dealership and even called corporate. Because my car didn't come with the mirror, we couldn't use the VIN to find the part. After ordering two different mirrors, I still can't find the part that will fit with the hex piece thats on my windshield. It looks a lot like the video on the net re installing a rearview mirror for a TC, but I just can't seem to find the part, and the dealer is no help. Does anyone know what part number I need? Or give me your VIN number if you have the same hex screw when you remove your mirror?
Here's an image of the attachment. This is under a plastic cover/housing. thx for any help
See my comment above, Explore the Transit Windshield catalog and find out if the Rear View Mirror requires a certain Transit Windshield to be able to mount it.

·
Registered
572 Posts

·
Registered
2020 3.5L EcoBoost 350 HR 148"
5 Posts
I found it. I ordered it and it works great.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Thanks! Knowing that part number I did a search and found some other discussions in this thread:

·
Registered
2,639 Posts

That is not the same mount that I have but as long as it works for you, How do you deal with the black plastic shroud/cover, Just use it without the cover and have the electronics exposed?

·
Registered
572 Posts

That is not the same mount that I have but as long as it works for you, How do you deal with the black plastic shroud/cover, Just use it without the cover and have the electronics exposed?
It pops on and off and there is a plug one removes to allow the mirror mount to pass through.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts