Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’m looking to upgrade my 2018 medium roof LWB open diff to a Eaton True Trac LSD. Any recommendations for mechanics in the Austin, Texas area that specialize in rear diff work? I live in west Texas and don’t have a trusted mechanic out here so I will be driving it home to have the work done.
Thank you for your help!

· Registered
142 Posts
I had the exact same job done with a regear to account for larger tires in Austin. The place I went to wasn't quick but they did a GREAT job. There was noticeable clunk/free play that is no longer in the drivetrain. They kept trying to sell me on some cheaper new versions of the trutrac, which I didn't go for.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the exact same job done with a regear to account for larger tires in Austin. The place I went to wasn't quick but they did a GREAT job. There was noticeable clunk/free play that is no longer in the drivetrain. They kept trying to sell me on some cheaper new versions of the trutrac, which I didn't go for.

Thanks Tolachi for the feedback. I’ll give them a call. If you don’t mind, what did the job cost you?

· Registered
2,885 Posts

What's the cheaper, new version? I got an Eaton TrueTrac recently, from Summit Racing, for $700 delivered. Have not driven it, yet, as other work is being done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.