Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On our 350 XLT, if I set the rear heater control to hot and switch the rear blower control between off and 4 it'll work just fine, but if I move the temperature control to cold (or past the midpoint of the temp control) the blower motor completely turns off. This happens no matter what I have the blower speed set to. Any ideas?

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found out from the dealer today that the control board for the rear A/C-heater went bad, so I'm glad we took it in under warranty... only have about 500 miles left on the 3/36K.

· Registered
3 Posts
On our 350 XLT, if I set the rear heater control to hot and switch the rear blower control between off and 4 it'll work just fine, but if I move the temperature control to cold (or past the midpoint of the temp control) the blower motor completely turns off. This happens no matter what I have the blower speed set to. Any ideas?
I had the exact same issue but when talked with ford tech he hold me that is normal, seems as you turn the temp dial past about mid point it automatically swithes off as its intended for the ac only.
Having said that my problem (and may be that I don't know how to properly operate the rear system) is I can't figure out how to operate the rear heater. When turn van on cold the heater under the passenger seat operates at the speed set on the roof dial but within a minute it automatically slows down without me changing the fan speed. When try to adjust the speed dial nothing happens. Not sure if I need to have the front controls set in certain manner to make the rear heater controls operate? Can't be heater as it does operate initially and then at slow speed regardless of speed setting.
Any suggestions anyone?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts