Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen Ford's fancy produced videos showing how perfectly the Active Park Assist feature works (I really liked the Netherlands version in a manual transmission van where you have to shift then push a button to let it know you're in gear).

Anyone have real world videos they took or experiences to share? I believe it's not a feature on the LWB 148" Extended body Transit, but it is with the HR LWB 'regular length'. Would love to see how that thing squeezes into spaces... or doesn't.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'll have to look for the manual transmission video.

I have it on our newly bought HR Passenger but haven't tried it yet. I've been a pretty lousy judge of how close I am to the curb (too far away) even when there are no other cars around that I should try it just for that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Personally I think It does not work well at all either parallel or back in. It is just so close on the angles, I always end up taking over. I’ll post some videos soon, but this feature is not fully baked imho.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think the scanning process determines if the parking space is "big" enough or not to fit the Transit. I initially tried to test the Park Assist with two trash cans, but it wouldn't register the space between the trash cans as available. I don't think the radar registered the trash cans as "vehicles" and therefore didn't allow the van to attempt to park.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts