Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rattle which appears to becoming from the sliding door (wit out) window in my 2022 LWB MR transit.

I took it to the dealer - who said they removed the door paneling, and inspected and reported could find nothing that might cause a rattle. They pass if off … all transits are noisey.

I have installed siless sound deadening. 3M Thinsulate 600 M, and Legend Walll Paneling in the walls and ceiling.

I did not do any sound deadening or insulating work on the doors (sliding and back) until the dealer had chance to inspect.

I would appreciate any advice from the experienced members of this group on next steps.

Have another blessed day
Rich

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I had the same issue with my 2019. The big slider developed a rattle about a week before my standard warranty expired. The dealer took off the door panel, added some felt tape for me, and the rattle went away. No cost to me - processed it as a warranty claim with Ford.

Maybe try a different dealer?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have been dealing with what sounds like a rattle but turns out it’s the door sticking to the door seal. It was also intermittent which was really confusing. I used blue masking tape on the door where the seal makes contact to isolate the problem and now trying to decide what to treat the seal with to make it slick. Maybe some 303 vinyl protectant or neoprene silicone spray.

·
Registered
'21 XLT MR 148 Wagon, Eco, 3:31 LSD, RWD, PSD, NAV, ACC
279 Posts
I have been dealing with what sounds like a rattle but turns out it’s the door sticking to the door seal. It was also intermittent which was really confusing. I used blue masking tape on the door where the seal makes contact to isolate the problem and now trying to decide what to treat the seal with to make it slick. Maybe some 303 vinyl protectant or neoprene silicone spray.
@Bjames36
I can second this notion. Intermittent for sure. When the weather is dreary,wet, or very cold I rarely get the noise. Also seem to notice it more during certain cross-wind scenarios. I too believe the noise, which I would describe more as a sort of "ticking", comes from the door seal. The rearmost top corner of my drivers door makes the same intermittent ticking. If I pull the door handle real hard it silences. Sometimes an open/slam shut does the trick as well.
I have sprayed the door seals with Maxima SC-1 silicone polish but the noise persists.
I believe it could be cured by a (Transit) experienced body shop tech. Someone with the patience, skill, knowlege and persistence to get all the angles right down to the very last millimeter. A pipe dream, I know.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had it as well for about the first 6 mos. and then it magically went away. Or maybe I just can't hear it anymore due to my passenger swivel squeaking so **** loud. :LOL:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Ford service manuals for many years had requirement and procedures for applying silicon grease to rubber weather-strips on a routine basis. My 2022 slider also has intermittent rattle/squeak. Applied siliglide clear paste and it is quiet now. Just a small amount rubbed in with finger will do No globs just a thin application.

Reactions: kevvyd and T11ravis

·
Registered
194 Posts
and now trying to decide what to treat the seal with to make it slick.
Plain ol' silicone grease. NOT spray; the overspray will act as a dust magnet.

Yes it's expensive, but you use very little so it lasts almost forever. Also good as dielectric grease for spark plug boots and many other things.

·
Registered
Ordered - 2022 350 HR AWD EB in Blue Jean Metallic
145 Posts
@Bjames36
I can second this notion. Intermittent for sure. When the weather is dreary,wet, or very cold I rarely get the noise. Also seem to notice it more during certain cross-wind scenarios. I too believe the noise, which I would describe more as a sort of "ticking", comes from the door seal. The rearmost top corner of my drivers door makes the same intermittent ticking. If I pull the door handle real hard it silences. Sometimes an open/slam shut does the trick as well.
I have sprayed the door seals with Maxima SC-1 silicone polish but the noise persists.
I believe it could be cured by a (Transit) experienced body shop tech. Someone with the patience, skill, knowlege and persistence to get all the angles right down to the very last millimeter. A pipe dream, I know.
At least it smelled awesome after the SC-1. If ya know ya know.. They actually sell air fresheners in the shape of the can with the sent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts