Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2018 with basic radio( no media option). i have seen aftermarket radios. Which is the best option that fits with radio, bluetooth, etc...?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I went with a double DIN adapter kit and a generic 7" touchscreen off ebay. Works great. BT, GPS, DVD, CD, USB, multi camera in/out, etc.
I spent about $200 3 years ago, might be cheaper now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went with a double DIN adapter kit and a generic 7" touchscreen off ebay. Works great. BT, GPS, DVD, CD, USB, multi camera in/out, etc.
I spent about $200 3 years ago, might be cheaper now.
Thank you will check out, what brand radio/gps/navigation did you buy?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I don't know about all the cheaper models but I bought one of those cheap name brand Dual stereos about 10 years ago and when I got out to my car and opened it up to check it out i noticed that it didn't provide the entire frequency spectrum , and so in no way was it going to have good sound quality.
The main reason I bought it when I saw it was it looked really nice with good lights.
I immediately took it back to Best buy.
Sometimes the cheaper models offer more features then the expensive ones but you really have to look the stuff over or read the reviews.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Thank you will check out, what brand radio/gps/navigation did you buy?
some no-name generic. I chose that particular one over other no-name generics based on the location of the controls. It came with GPS software, Torque Pro, and other software also installed. Android operating system, so it runs any apps that a phone or tablet would.

I think the "sort of brand name" models like Dual and Pyle are pretty low quality, and the generic ones are better featured and quality for less money. That's been my experience, but it's not like I'm buying car stereo equipment all the time, either. Just once with every new-to-me vehicle, so maybe 1-2x every 10 years. The generic double DIN I put in my 03 Sprinter worked great for 10 years.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
This one LOOKS like mine, mostly:

I see that a popular new style is a 10" touchscreen that is basically a tablet that connects where your radio WOULD be. That's fine if you don't want or need to play CD/DVDs. I rarely do. I mainly want GPS, Torque and ability to play off of thumbdrives, as well as an FM radio. Another one with a 10" screen has the double DIN housing and plays CD/DVD etc. The issue I see with a huge Tesla size screen in the middle of the dash is that it would attract thieves.

Do an ebay search for "double DIN radio android" to see all the wonderful generic options starting at $75

1 - 7 of 7 Posts