Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In looking over the passenger compartment fuse panel layout, I don't see a fuse for the radio. Does anyone know what fuse number is the radio fuse?

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Looks like F16 - 20 amp

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, any idea which side of the fuse is the source side. What I want to do is energize the source side via fused 12v connection 24/7 so I have radio with no timer.

Reactions: asdrew

·
Super Moderator
3,088 Posts
That may be tricky if it is monitored by the CAN bus, which is probably why the fuse is on the BCM. Yet where there's a will, there's a way. 🤓

I put a hidden disconnect switch on BCM Fuse 4 to disable the brake shift interlock and immobilize the transmission, and when it is thrown, the park assist warning comes up.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By "Source" side I mean the radio source side or the "power OUT", side of the fuse. The power "IN" side of the fuse, which is timed, would be blank as if there was no fuse at all. My thinking is that the CAN bus or BCM would never know there was current being drawn, except for the sensor on the negative battery post.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
In six years no one has been able to wire around that timer, Get a boombox before you burn something up.
The Bcm/Can-bus monitors the entire transit electrical system,.
The sensor on the battery clamp monitors battery temperature while charging, Agm do not like Heat.
Vehicle amperage draw is monitored on a cable near, and for, The alternator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts