Ford Transit USA Forum banner

781 - 795 of 795 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,317 Posts
Just found out that my Super Moderator powers lets me change the title of a thread with a typo in it.
This now no longer Querks You Don't Like Aout Your Transit, though we've gotten used to that.

If you have thread title of yours that you want revised, just report it and @GapRunr or I should be able to :geek:

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Just found out that my Super Moderator powers lets me change the title of a thread with a typo in it.
This now no longer Querks You Don't Like Aout Your Transit, though we've gotten used to that.

If you have thread title of yours that you want revised, just report it and @GapRunr or I should be able to :geek:
Dont forget Orton's "Roof Pug" thread.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
What? We won't see titles like "Where do i find the BEEM?" anymore?

You're no fun. ?

Reactions: ultane and asdrew

·
Registered
288 Posts
Feel the force grasshopper!

(Yes, I know that is mashup of two different metaphors. Such is the power of a Super Moderator.?‍✈)

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
No, we haven't! It makes me sad about the state of our schools every time I see that. As long as you're correcting spelling, fix the instances where people write "walla!" instead of "voila!". Since you have a lot of time on your hands, I'll find a few more spelling examples that cause me great pain Although I like "Roof Pug". Mitt Romney had one.

(asdrew - I think you know me well enough to know I'm kidding. Mostly.)

·
Registered
155 Posts

Congratulations on your new full time job if you want some side work I can direct you to other forums. There should be a warning "We're sorry we are unable to enter your post due to several misspellings, punctuation, etc. please try again".

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don’t have a Transit but if the new models still have the engine kill at stops ( unless you push cancel each time you are going somewhere) . I had a simple LED flat trailer test plug. It plugs right into the flat plug on the vehicle. It thinks you have a trailer attached, and won’t turn engine off at stops. Worked on my Sons 2 yr old Ford Raptor. However it also turned off the lane sense or rear collision alert. Just a thought if you think it’s worth the risk -you don’t have to push the “ engine no stop button”.

·
Registered
256 Posts
One of my pet peeves is a coating of rust on all non-painted surfaces under my Transit and in the engine compartment.,

I live in NYC and the weather here is pretty mild, with hardly any snow or salt, yet all this rust started to surface within just a year or two of delivery (April 2015).

I'm not sure if this is a pervasive problem or if it will lead to more serious problems, but it sure looks like crap. I'm confident that Ford can do a better job of protecting these surfaces if they wanted to.

Reactions: 1x1_Speed_Craig

·
Registered
661 Posts
The recirculate button on the hvac! I hate modern cars that deactivate it ten minutes after I press it, usually right before I get behind a dump truck spewing asthma clouds. My ten year old suv recirculate stays on forever unless I hit defrost, and it has never had any problems, so the humidity sensor that's I suspect is triggering the deactivate signal seems like overkill.

I'm seriously considering ripping open the dash and finding a way to make it stay put. I thought about cutting power to the ducts after activating it, maybe with an added switch so I can restore functionality. With forest fires, smokey developed campsites, windstorms, etc, controlling the source of air is a must for me. Filters don't stop smoke and miss a lot of fine particulates.

Cheers.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I hate how people think I'm driving a $printer :)

Reactions: takedown
781 - 795 of 795 Posts