Ford Transit USA Forum banner

761 - 780 of 795 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
They should all be plug and play. The options should be easy to add after. It's preposterous that the factory literally programs the bcm/pcm differently if you don't have an option installed and nobody knows how to change it.
I think the reasoning comes from "we build new cars to sell, not to repair and modify".

·
Registered
82 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
Man, I looked all over the back doors today. I don’t seem to have that switch. Really hate I don’t have that. Wonder if I could add it?

It's probably a feature on newer models. Since you don't provide info on what van you have in a signature line, no one knows what you have and can only speculate you have an older van.

Yes, you can install a cargo area kill switch. I installed 3-position switch that allows me to use the lights as factory designed, kill them all the time, or turn them on all the time. Many people have installed a kill switch, there are at least three threads about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Man, I looked all over the back doors today. I don’t seem to have that switch. Really hate I don’t have that. Wonder if I could add it?
My 2015 did not have any switches for the cargo lights. Unplugged the cargo lights and now run them off the house battery with on/off switches.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I wish that switch was on the right side. Many times I only have the right door open. Would be a lot more convenient than opening the left door just to turn off the lights.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I didn't review all (any) 77 pages.

Here's a dislike. I travel with my cargo van & the dislike is the sun visors. They are short and there is a void between the two.

Since you are moving the drivers one from front to side the fix should be the passenger side. It needs a slide piece that will slide to the middle to cover the difference. I will work on something even if its just temporary.

Can I get an AMEN? lol

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
I didn't review all (any) 77 pages.

Here's a dislike. I travel with my cargo van & the dislike is the sun visors. They are short and there is a void between the two.

Since you are moving the drivers one from front to side the fix should be the passenger side. It needs a slide piece that will slide to the middle to cover the difference. I will work on something even if its just temporary.

Can I get an AMEN? lol

I LOVE the Transit sun visors. Primarily for the depth of coverage. I've never had a vehicle where the visors came down so far. The "stowed" position in my van is flipped all the way forward, rather than against the shelf. But, 99% of the time, my driver visor is mostly down.

I have not noticed a problem with the gap between visors. My passenger visor is stowed forward, so, I don't expect it to do much, anyway. In the mornings, I do sometimes find there's a crack along the pillar, where sun is shining through. The solution may seem odd, but, it is to angle the visor toward me -- thus, being nearer to me, blocks the side. You might try that position for your center gap.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I tinted the top but it's not enough. I also tinted the door to cover up the cup holder around the front and top of the windows plus I where my shades. full tint is illegal in NJ for driver and passenger doors

I to flip them forward. If you do you have to look lower to see the traffic lights.

·
Registered
2015 Ford Transit 350 RWD 155ps
2 Posts
Can you figure out which mirror works with the the windshield goiter and the Ford hexagonal button?
Hi, did you ever find an answer to this question? I'm having problems getting the answer here in the UK; the dealers are of non help neither :(

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Has anyone ever bitched about the "shuffle" setting for playing music from a USB drive randomly but frequently resets itself? Truly annoying. I can always recognize it because there's a particular song that plays right after I've started the van or switched to MP3.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I never use the shuffle, but I'd love to be able to disable "Repeat". I play by folder, and I've added an extra track to every album which contains 4 minutes of silence with a chime in the middle of it, to remind me to kill the album before it starts over.a

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
I never use the shuffle, but I'd love to be able to disable "Repeat". I play by folder, and I've added an extra track to every album which contains 4 minutes of silence with a chime in the middle of it, to remind me to kill the album before it starts over.a
Hmm... base level Sync, here, from 2015. I didn't even know there was a repeat function, until a recent, odd quirk (involving loss of connectivity, unplugging and replugging the thumb drive). I saw (or heard -- can't re call) something like "repeat, on". I used voice command, "repeat, off," and got no complaint... so presume it worked.

Do you mean that "repeat" is what's been responsible for album replay? I actually like that, but, have not played an album, since. My turn it back on. I had assumed it was for track repeat.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Well, all I ever use is "Explore USB". And if I go into a folder of tracks (which for me is an album), then no matter what I do, it will always restart with the first track when it finishes the last. There's a config setting somewhere for "repeat off" that I've tried repeatedly, to no avail. I hadn't ever thought of "repeat" in terms of a single track.

I'll have to try the voice command. Maybe it does something new. :)

(Mine is base level Sync from 2016.)

Reactions: Sparky961

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Well waddayaknow... I can issue the voice command "shuffle on" instead of fiddling with buttons while trying to drive.

Is there a complete list of voice commands somewhere? Navigating menus by voice, the only thing I thought possible, is maddening. But direct commands like this I'd use.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Well waddayaknow... I can issue the voice command "shuffle on" instead of fiddling with buttons while trying to drive.

Is there a complete list of voice commands somewhere? Navigating menus by voice, the only thing I thought possible, is maddening. But direct commands like this I'd use.

Not sure how up to date it is, The Sync-3 supplements came with my owners manual. (Voice command page 19)

761 - 780 of 795 Posts