Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 T350 3.5L Ecoboost, Quigley 4WD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all.....Love my 2017 T350 Transit/Quigley 4x4. Bought it a few months ago w/37k miles (second owner) & haven't really put the 4x4 to the test until the snow started falling. Noticed when in 4WH, seemed abnormally noisy. Took to my 4x4 garage, which is Quigley certified, to check it out and told me the 4x4 system is in excellent condition with the exception of the transfer case, I needed a new one. The rear seal and all the bolts that bolt it together were wet. Fluid was barely low. Confirmed that I wasn't imagining the noise and sounded like a bad bearing. He was on the phone 5 times with Quigley to figure it out and they hadn't seen this before and didn't have any answers. Quigley doesn't want the transfer case opened, they're policy is to just replace it. In the end, Quigley said the warranty wasn't transferable & not standing behind it. it's costing $3,500 to replace it.
The 4wd system hadn't hardly been used by the original owner so it sounds like a defect.
Anyone had similar issues?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Ours is noticeably louder in 4X4 but nothing abnormal. What estimate does your 4X4 shop give to fix it? Bearings and seals are a lot cheaper than a TC.

·
Registered
735 Posts
If you're handy with a wrench, the transfer case should be an OEM Ford (F150?) transfer case that would be readily available in salvage yards. replacing one is a matter of dropping the driveshafts, removing 6-8 bolts or nuts that hold it to the transmission tail housing, and bolting a new one on. If you have the part number on your original Quigley t-case, it should be easy to match.

$3500 is a BIG spend for a new one. A good portion of that will be labor, as well.

Craig

·
Registered
198 Posts
Mine makes sort of a whirring noise that gets a little louder under negative torque (downhill, throttle off). It's not an unhealthy sound and I suspect it comes from the front drive shaft that runs some pretty extreme angles on its CV joints. Modifications like Quigley likely do not receive the same level of noise, vibration and harshness engineering as OEM drivetrains. It sounds more like what you'd expect from a 1970 Fiat or something.

--Frank

·
Registered
395 Posts
This is ai shame. I just got home from having my 2016 t350 converted by Quadvan. Prior to handing it over she installed a build sticker. This way, even if the subsequent owner doesn’t know my name they can track for warranty.
Perhaps Quigly has gotten to big to care about it’s customers or reputation.
in hind sight perhaps i was to harsh. What is the Quigley warranty. Perhaps you are beyond it.

·
Registered
2020 250 Cargo AWD Ecoboost
3 Posts
Hi folks, I have a 2020 Transit AWD 250 Ecoboost with 40k. All good except engine light is on indicating knock sensor. I have not fixed yet but suspect mice have eaten insulation on conductors going to knock sensor(s). I see their fluffy stuff down there under intake manifold. Installed Rid-A-Rat light strobe units to keep them away.

Regarding the TRANSFER CASE, has anyone changed fluid? Looking up at the fill plug it appears to be not accessible due to some kind of an electrical solenoid-looking unit that is in the way. Any feedback on this? Thanx.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.