Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quigley announced today on Instagram that they will again be accepting used and already built dealer lot purchased Transits for their 4x4 conversions. Ok this will get interesting. I did this before their policy change and enjoyed the process.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
You may have to get the specifications on which Transits they will convert as if the Transit has excessive mileage they may not do the conversion as too much of the existing drivetrain may be worn down too much to cause stress on the added parts. If they would do it on current or a last year Transit models that may what they are looking at. In that case that would include the 2018 & 2019 models. Unless the older year model 2017 and later Transits have low miles and in good shape, those may be not accepted for doing the 4X4 conversion.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"As of August 1, 2019 Quigley will accept orders for USED Transit Vans. Please call 717.266.5631 or email [email protected] for more information. *Upon arrival the vehicle will be inspected for quality purposes. Additional charges to the customer may result. Quigley reserves the right to reject a vehicle based upon the inspection results. Warranty coverage will vary based on vehicle mileage at time of conversion to Quigley4x4."

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Like I stated, they will not just add the 4X4 to ANY Transit just because the owner wants to do it. 'UPON ARRIVAL' means you will have to take the Transit to their plant in PA for inspection.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Have you heard about any R&D required of Quigley to do the 2020 non AWD models, or are they essentially the same if ordered w/o AWD?
I talked to someone at Quigley a couple of weeks ago and with the new 10 speed transmissions, the non AWD versions will still need some R&D. He thought they wouldn't be able to offer 2020 conversions until about the third quarter 2020.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Like I stated, they will not just add the 4X4 to ANY Transit just because the owner wants to do it. 'UPON ARRIVAL' means you will have to take the Transit to their plant in PA for inspection.
It's definitely more scenic than driving to Kansas(City) :).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts