Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m selling a custom bed setup frame with queen mattress (used less than a dozen times with mattress protector and bedding). This was custom built to be modular without modifying the vehicle. Great system with storage for those looking to camp. Local pickup only 92506. $750 obo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi -- I really like the design, as I'm considering a simplistic passenger build. Realistically, I probably am not ready to purchase your bed soon though as I am still trying to plan things out and have no van yet.
That being said, if you are willing I am interested in some details that may help me down the road, even if I miss the window for this sale.
1) based on the picture it looks like east/west orientation, does that fit a regular queen? I am about 6'3 and thought I couldn't fit e/w, but if a queen fits I should be fine
2) this may be a question more for the general forum dwellers, but should this fit the same in a low roof 148? Or do the sides/windows extend out slightly more in the higher roofs?
3) I also see you have one passenger row in -- what's the distance from the bed to the back of those seats? Would the next row potentially also fit as well? Lastly, what is the height from the bottom of bed to the floor?

Sorry again I am probably not going to bed to buy within your timeframe, but I appreciate any information!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, the orientation of the bed fits a queen from side to side allowing a little more room in the Van. I’ve since sold my Van so I can’t take measurements, but the frame was built higher to allow the queen mattress to use the extra space in the window cutouts. I would assume this is probably the same for the medium and maybe low roof. I’m only able to fit one row (2-3 seat bench) in the first position due to the slanted back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts