Ford Transit USA Forum banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
So not to be mean or anything....
but this lift doesn't really help much as lifting the van but lowering the Tcase and such means you aren't REALLY lifting the van to get the ground clearance you want.
Yes this will help fit larger tires, which Quigley doesn't like to do, and it does NOT help with the low hanging rear shock mounts.
But hey there are plenty of people to spend money so I am sure they will sell some.
Personally I love my Quadvan setup and even at full droop I have no problems with CV angles...and it is Ford approved as proved by warranty work I have had done already (not Quadvans fault).

·
Registered
2021 AWD Ecoboost High Roof
201 Posts
So not to be mean or anything....
but this lift doesn't really help much as lifting the van but lowering the Tcase and such means you aren't REALLY lifting the van to get the ground clearance you want.
Yes this will help fit larger tires, which Quigley doesn't like to do, and it does NOT help with the low hanging rear shock mounts.
But hey there are plenty of people to spend money so I am sure they will sell some.
Personally I love my Quadvan setup and even at full droop I have no problems with CV angles...and it is Ford approved as proved by warranty work I have had done already (not Quadvans fault).
Is your Quadvan lift on an AWD? Or is it a true quadvan 4wd conversion?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Is your Quadvan lift on an AWD? Or is it a true quadvan 4wd conversion?
Very much a true 4x4 conversion on a 2019 with the Ecobeast engine :)
I have a real life transfer case lever, regeared to 4.10 with front & rear Eaton Trutracs and 33in tires...
and in a couple of weeks I will be back at Quadvan swapping out the front Eaton Trutrac to an ARB airlocker so I get more control of the front tires.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Question: what front end parts are they using for the 4WD? It is a Transit front end and or design, (ie struts and the same front diff)?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Wondering if more folks out there have some real world experience with the Q lift now on AWD vans? Newberg Ford said they are booked out to end of February, so clearly lots of vans are getting this treatment. Particularly interested in folks that went with the Bilsteins too.

Its a lot of time and money, but ultimately I want a lift, and VC seems like they are making their customers their testbed. I'll still probably end up doing the VC shock relocate after the Q lift though.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Well, I finally bit the bullet and put my deposit on a Qlift at Newberg Ford. Planning for install March 8. Going to go with the Bilstein B6's to get a bit more lift too.

Once I get it home, I'll do the VC rear shock relocate. I'm also considering switching out to transit off road adjustable control arms as well.

I'll report back on results. Van will initially still have winter 225/75r16's, but 255/70r16 KO2's are on the way. Newberg recommended 245/75r16, but I'd rather have a bit more clearance for fender liners and mudflaps.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's my understanding the Transit Offroad arms were for 2wd vans...no?

·
Registered
201 Posts
It's my understanding the Transit Offroad arms were for 2wd vans...no?
They are coming out with arms for AWD vans sometime in early 2022 is what they told me. Still have many of the same shortcomings of the van compass lift though, namely the cv axle issue.

·
Registered
293 Posts
am i the only one who dreams of something like a Q-lift for 2", then a spacer like VC for additional lift (maybe 1" to keep CV's not as stressed). i personally would love something in the 3"+ range

Reactions: mototreks

·
Registered
22 148 Cargo M Roof AWD Oxford white .
283 Posts
I like the Quigley lift but I don’t think my future upgrade budget will allow for that,
I wonder if there will ever be some kind of fix kit for the very low hanging stock rear shock
mounts with out having to lift the entire vehicle?? The VC rear mounts are nice but
you got to do the 2’’ lift.

·
Registered
372 Posts
am i the only one who dreams of something like a Q-lift for 2", then a spacer like VC for additional lift (maybe 1" to keep CV's not as stressed). i personally would love something in the 3"+ range
Unless you know something different, the Qlift works just like the VC lift. I don't think stacking them is possible.
From Q's press release: "lift the front 2” with a strut spacer"
They do claim to drop the subframe but that does not add lift, it just maintains stock front geometry. As I understand it.

Oh wait, the VC springs are 1" taller.....So Q-lift with VC springs is maybe what you meant?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Unless you know something different, the Qlift works just like the VC lift. I don't think stacking them is possible.
From Q's press release: "lift the front 2” with a strut spacer"
They do claim to drop the subframe but that does not add lift, it just maintains stock front geometry. As I understand it.
False. Of course they have to use a strut spacer. They cannot move the strut mounts on the body. If you are moving the subframe, control arms, and struts down, then you either need a spacer up top on the strut/spring assembly or a longer strut/spring assembly. Otherwise, you'd end up with the vehicle sucked way down into its travel. The only way to maintain stock control arm angle and CV angle is to space the subframe down. I have spoken both with Quigley and with Newberg who will be doing our install. Though they refuse to spell out every exact part of the kit and its installation, they both directly verified that it is a subframe drop.

It would technically be possible to combine the lifts, but would require a 4 inch spacer up top, rather than a 2 inch. Alternatively, one could use the VC springs and get part way there too.

My plan is to go with the Bilsteins for an additional 5/8" of lift for 2 5/8".

21 - 40 of 77 Posts