Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looks like they have it officially on their site now.

I spoke with Alex from Newberg Ford. It's real.

"The lift is a 2” lift. Includes all parts to lift the rear 2”, lift the front 2” with a strut spacer, drop the transfer case and surrounding components 2” to keep the factory drive angles the same. This kit uses all factory suspension and is designed to keep the van in “OEM” condition"

I will most likely go that route later this year when I am back on the West Coast.

·
Registered
8 Posts

"The lift is a 2” lift. Includes all parts to lift the rear 2”, lift the front 2” with a strut spacer, drop the transfer case and surrounding components 2” to keep the factory drive angles the same. This kit uses all factory suspension and is designed to keep the van in “OEM” condition"

I will most likely go that route later this year when I am back on the West Coast.

View attachment 158224

View attachment 158224
Transit Off Road has has an updated lift coming soon. Any info anybody?

·
Registered
139 Posts
They are doing the lift the best way possible IMOP. There is still room for improvement. The Bilstein strut adds another 5/8 inches of lift. Since they are dropping the entire subframe we should be able to combine both lifts for a 3 1/2 lift using the Q-Lift kit (2"), the Bilstein strut (1/2") and the Vancoupass coils (1") for a 3 1/2" lift. It all depends on how much of a subframe drop they built. If it's only an inch then this will not work, if it's an actual 2" subframe drop then it should be fine.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think Quigley knows their kit will be quickly copied and mass produced. They are just trying to recoup their RD investment before another cheaper option comes to market. The actual parts they supply maybe cost a few hundred bucks. Honestly if they showed you the parts then try and change you $3400 most people would laugh and walk away. I’m sure install will be a huge PITA.

Reactions: simple

·
Registered
2020 148 HR AWD
295 Posts
Thanks for the updates guys. If it’s really Ford—approved it should be ok, at least covered by warranty. I understand how dropping the subframe and the transfer case preserve half-shaft and front driveshaft angles, presumably with the transfer case drop and our long wheelbases, rear driveshaft angles are still within spec. Since I’m too lazy to crawl underneath my AWD, does anyone have a feel for how much, if at all, ground clearance is affected by dropping the subframe and transfer case. Hopefully Quigley will offer better skid plates and maybe front tow eyes as part of an off-road package. I suspect their 4wd conversion business has tanked, at least on the commercial side, with the availability of the AWD. Not too many certified installers yet listed, and only one is a dealer, but they’re mostly on my side of the Great Basin.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is some expensive spacers

That's a very "simplistic" reply. You are not paying for the spacers. You are paying for the R&D, insurance (think lawsuits if something goes wrong). the special relationship with Ford (that guarantees your warranty will still be good), the limited market and of course the installation (I would imagine it's a big job). Go develop a kit and let us know how it goes. Even UJointOffRoad gave up.

Someone will probably copy them eventually, but in the meantime we should be thrilled that there is another option now.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the updates guys. If it’s really Ford—approved it should be ok, at least covered by warranty. I understand how dropping the subframe and the transfer case preserve half-shaft and front driveshaft angles, presumably with the transfer case drop and our long wheelbases, rear driveshaft angles are still within spec. Since I’m too lazy to crawl underneath my AWD, does anyone have a feel for how much, if at all, ground clearance is affected by dropping the subframe and transfer case. Hopefully Quigley will offer better skid plates and maybe front tow eyes as part of an off-road package. I suspect their 4wd conversion business has tanked, at least on the commercial side, with the availability of the AWD. Not too many certified installers yet listed, and only one is a dealer, but they’re mostly on my side of the Great Basin.
I am also not in a position to crawl underneath my van but technically the subframe clearance would remain the same. By switching tires at the same time, you may be able to get another 1" underneath it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
That's a very "simplistic" reply. You are not paying for the spacers. You are paying for the R&D, insurance (think lawsuits if something goes wrong). the special relationship with Ford (that guarantees your warranty will still be good), the limited market and of course the installation (I would imagine it's a big job). Go develop a kit and let us know how it goes. Even UJointOffRoad gave up.

Someone will probably copy them eventually, but in the meantime we should be thrilled that there is another option now.
It was a joke. Lighten up Francis. I've owned a Quigley so I'm more than familiar.

·
Registered
641 Posts
They are totally simplifying the installation in the description! You can't just "lower the transfer case" this isn't an old jeep CJ. It has to be like the old VC kit and pretty much be an entire K frame "drop"?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
They are totally simplifying the installation in the description! You can't just "lower the transfer case" this isn't an old jeep CJ. It has to be like the old VC kit and pretty much be an entire K frame "drop"?
If they want to keep all the suspension and cv joint angles stock, they will have to lower the k frame, lower the front differential and then most likely they lower the transfer case with a simple spacer for the transmission cross member.

Installation is going to be a huge job.

·
Registered
2021 AWD Ecoboost High Roof
199 Posts
When I spoke to Quigley, I felt like the answer was basically: it is a 2 inch lift, we are Quigley therefore it is the best, give us the 4k.

As an FYI, the lift is not yet factory certified by Ford. The engineer is coming this week, but who knows if/when it will receive the stamp of approval.

Also, no rear shock relocate. If your balls don't tighten on even a crowned dirt road, you have not ever driven behind your own van. Even my gf grimaces.

Perhaps there was an old world where Quigley could get away with the name and exclusive product, but with Sprinters running around with 5 inch lifts and Ujoint clearly crushing the premium lift and 4wd conversion market, I think they should show their cards. If the product is that good, it will speak for itself and people will pay for it.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts