Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been communicating with Tourig about having the Q-Lift and B6 upgrade this spring. I was just about ready to pull the trigger.....then the prices changed. I'm posting this information for any Transit owners located in the Denver area that are interested in the Q-Lift option. Tourig is located in Golden CO and is certified by Quigley. I'm prolly gonna wait on this.....see how I get by with the bigger tires (245/75/R16 KO2s) and B6s...

Price Change: 16March2022 Price $4795 to 12May2022 $7485.

Both quotes do not include cost of shipping parts to TOURIG and local sales tax of 7.15%. Those will be added in for the final bill. I had my final cost right at about $9000 for the Q-Lift install and B6 strut shock upgrade through Tourig. I believe they will not schedule you without an upfront non refundable deposit of 40% for cost of the job. If you pay by credit card there is an additional 4% surcharge.

See attached:
-email from 16March2022
-Quote from today 12May2022
-Quigley Prices from their website https://www.quigley4x4.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/QLIFT-PricingGuide2022.pdf as of 12May2022

On the bright side, if you live near PA you can have all this done at Quigley proper for a fraction of the cost: $4490 plus 6% PA Sales Tax

In retrospect, I prolly should have just bought a Sprinter and not dicked around with any of this aftermarket nonsense. 265/75/R16 on a stock Sprinter rig with massive ground clearance......

Attachments

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Sprinters are a waste of money if you actually go off pavement IMO. What good is a ground clearance with a terrible engine on a van that breaks all the time? The Q lift appears to be a waste of money now too.

At that cost, you might as well just get a Quigley or Quadvan 4x4 conversion.

All the more reason to get a VC Topo lift and put the extra $5500 into a steel rear bumper, steel front bumper, falcon rear shocks, full skid plates, wireless air lift and onboard air system, spare tire carrier, bigger tires, and bigger wheels. You’ll still be a couple grand ahead.

·
Registered
870 Posts
The Q lift appears to be a waste of money now too.

At that cost, you might as well just get a Quigley or Quadvan 4x4 conversion.
Too bad you can't (yet?) do that on a 2020+. If so, that'd be the obvious path for me: Start with a new RWD, and do some preparatory upgrades (tires, etc. that wouldn't preclude or be made redundant by a 4WD conversion) -- and then if I still want 4WD (and loved the van otherwise), go on ahead with a full Quadvan or Quigley 4WD conversion. Alas...

With the price and slim availability of used vans right now it's hard to justify buying a used pre-2020; but then if you get a new RWD there's no guarantee that a 4WD conversion will be developed. So then hedge your bets by going AWD....but then you run back into the lift/cost dilemma.

(BTW, I don't know who else might have been following along with Expovans as they were developing Transit 4WD conversions, but they have just recently announced they are getting out of the Transit platform altogether.)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Some guy on Facebook is saying a bigger lift for the AWD Transit (or something like that) will be unveiled at the Adventure Van Expo

Reactions: dogmountain

·
Registered
2021 HR Extended AWD Transit T-250
337 Posts
I have been communicating with Tourig about ...
I've dealt with Tourig and can tell you that you get a premium product, premium service & support at a premium price. They did a few jobs for me on my first van (Sprinter) back when they were in their first location in Nederland and I was very pleased with all aspects of their work.

In retrospect, I prolly should have just bought a Sprinter and not dicked around with any of this aftermarket nonsense. 265/75/R16 on a stock Sprinter rig with massive ground clearance......
After owning a Sprinter for 4 years, there's a long list of reasons I'm now on this forum. Yeah, I do miss the ground clearance of the 4x4 Sprinter but there are so many other things I don't miss where the AWD Transit is so much better. If there is ever a 3rd van in my future, which I doubt, I'd probably do the RWD Transit with the Quigley 4x4.

·
Registered
870 Posts
If there is ever a 3rd van in my future, which I doubt, I'd probably do the RWD Transit with the Quigley 4x4.
Just curious: Have you heard any updates (or even better, confirmation) that Quigley will be doing the 4x4 conversion for 2020+ Transits? I wanted to do like you describe above, but found that no-one is converting the 2020+ to 4WD (by no-one I mean Quadvan, Quigley, or Expovans who have now dropped out of the Transit platform altogether).

Quigley said they were working on it, but I wonder if that will ever happen? So many people have ordered/bought AWD by now, and I notice that they are now positioning the Q-lift for both RWD and AWD vans in the 2020+ vans.

I've been keeping an eye on this because I don't have the usual (other) good reasons for AWD (driving in snow, or even much rain). I mostly just want ground clearance, with a side of better traction if possible.

·
Registered
2021 HR Extended AWD Transit T-250
337 Posts
Just curious: Have you heard any updates (or even better, confirmation) that Quigley will be doing the 4x4 conversion for 2020+ Transits? I wanted to do like you describe above, but found that no-one is converting the 2020+ to 4WD (by no-one I mean Quadvan, Quigley, or Expovans who have now dropped out of the Transit platform altogether).
I have not stayed current on the offerings. However, I expect that demand is high enough that we'll see something in due time.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've dealt with Tourig and can tell you that you get a premium product, premium service & support at a premium price. They did a few jobs for me on my first van (Sprinter) back when they were in their first location in Nederland and I was very pleased with all aspects of their work.
I used to do contract work with Tourig, we even discussed me coming on but i was moving from denver to canada at the time. i can tell you they are a very high end builder/shop, one of the best ive seen. premium come at a price

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used to do contract work with Tourig, we even discussed me coming on but i was moving from denver to canada at the time. i can tell you they are a very high end builder/shop, one of the best ive seen. premium come at a price
I totally get that when Tourig works on something they need to be paid more (higher margin) than the rates of a Quigley Mechanic (or the Quigley Business Model). I did call Quigley yesterday and asked them to have just an Independent Garage or Ford Dealer in the Denver area certified, since they should be able to install the Q-Lift for a similar price as Quigley headquarters.

I get that a premium interior demands a premium price, but a Q-Lift is an off the shelf product that has a market price set by Quigley. If Tourig can get nearly twice the market price set by Quigley, then I applaud their business model.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I totally get that when Tourig works on something they need to be paid more (higher margin) than the rates of a Quigley Mechanic (or the Quigley Business Model). I did call Quigley yesterday and asked them to have just an Independent Garage or Ford Dealer in the Denver area certified, since they should be able to install the Q-Lift for a similar price as Quigley headquarters.

I get that a premium interior demands a premium price, but a Q-Lift is an off the shelf product that has a market price set by Quigley. If Tourig can get nearly twice the market price set by Quigley, then I applaud their business model.
It’s probably the “we don’t want to do it price” because it ties up a lift that can make more $ doing something else. Probably became certified for their in-house builds since they will build transit chassis now…even though I’m not sure how many are going thru the facility.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It’s probably the “we don’t want to do it price” because it ties up a lift that can make more $ doing something else. Probably became certified for their in-house builds since they will build transit chassis now…even though I’m not sure how many are going thru the facility.
Yeah I totally agree. I would do the same. That is why I contacted Quigley yesterday and asked them to certify a business in the Denver area that only does mechanical work.

·
Registered
2021 AWD Ecoboost High Roof
199 Posts
That is eye watering. We paid 4100 at Newberg for Q lift install and I supplied my own Bilsteins. 9k for a lift?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts