Ford Transit USA Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford Transit 150 Medium Roof 148” Wheelbase
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Either battle born or consider Andyl's suggestion for LiFe.

For AGMs I use Lifeline GPL-27s
okay thanks. If I cancel my renogy order I could go with a different brand without the self heating function (I can’t afford the other brands with this function) and keep them in the cargo area or get AGMs and be able to keep them in the cab space. If you feel like it, can you explain why you have a negative opinion of the renogy batteries? Just general low quality?

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
okay thanks. If I cancel my renogy order I could go with a different brand without the self heating function (I can’t afford the other brands with this function) and keep them in the cargo area or get AGMs and be able to keep them in the cab space. If you feel like it, can you explain why you have a negative opinion of the renogy batteries? Just general low quality?
There is literally nothing that they sell that I would recommend. I have seen some of their stuff on vans that come into my shop with problems and sometimes it puts me one step away from a stroke.

Before I suggest alternatives for the batteries, tell us a bit more about your goals for power / solar / how often you will drive, will it be routinely plugged in / inverter power use, etc.

If you like, feel free to send a PM.

I am also not sure if you live in the PNW part of Canada or a place that gets really cold.

_

Consider to mock up a cardboard box the size of a few batteries like the size 27s and size 31XTs and see what will really fit in that location.

When I build electrical systems for customers, it is typically 2 batteries for a 1 kW type setup and 4 batteries for a 2 kW setup. Does not really matter if they are Lifeline AGMs or BB LiFe as they are both pretty close for continuous discharge capability.

·
Registered
2016 148MR Cargo
673 Posts

·
Registered
2019 250 148 mr
727 Posts
Took a bunch of work but I have 200 Ah of AGM beneath the seat. The biggest worry was about having the posts face each other so there are very hard limits to prevent battery movement.
See Post #28 here: Checkswrecks thread for a minimal build stealth camper -...
I have a 120ah agm under the passenger seat. I could fit another, but it would require some minor trimming of the seat base, and I'd have to create a retention system. Right now, I use a ratchet strap for the single battery, but there wouldn't be room for the strap with two. It would require a metal bracket or two.

So yeah, some work would be involved for two.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts