Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally getting a few things from Ford as far as the 2020 Transit build out and start of the 2021 opening of the order bank. The last dates for taking orders for the 2020 model will run through Labor Day and the order bank for the 2021 model will start sometime in October. Buildout for the 2020 model could be through December and then the 2021 model production would start in January 2021.

This is the tentative plan for the Transit and it could change based on how many Transit orders are placed by dealers as well as any added fleet orders that Ford may get from this point forward. No expected changes are in the works for updating any equipment on the 2021 model and expect higher pricing reflected from the virus complications that have added a lot of cost for Ford and other auto manufacturers.

·
Registered
2020 Cargo T-350 LWB HR EB on order...
102 Posts
Thanks for the updates, Ed!

... and the order bank for the 2021 model will start sometime in October. ...
When do you expect the 2021 Transit Order Guide will become available?

... and then the 2021 model production would start in January 2021. ...
Given the information that you have now, when do you estimate (best guess) the first 2021 non-fleet Transit would be delivered?

No expected changes are in the works for updating any equipment on the 2021 model and expect higher pricing reflected from the virus complications that have added a lot of cost for Ford and other auto manufacturers.
[emphasis added] Are these two expectations coming officially from Ford or from your own personal estimates?

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1) I look for the 2021 Ford Transit Order Guide to show up around October 1st.

2) First 2021 Transits will be showing up at Matt Ford sometime in late January or February 2021.

3) I got my information via Ford Transit Marketing Group in the last few days once we got the May 18th date for the start of the 2020 Production for the Transit.

With this change in the way they will be building Transits, it may closely follow how they build the F-150 with the later start on the new model. The 2021 production for the Kansas City built F-150 is showing a startup date of December 7th, 2020 at the present time so the Transit may be following that same date.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Regarding changes: no changes whatsoever? Was waiting for the in cab 3 person seating. Was suspose to be late 2020 option. Now Ford is ditching this in 2021 as well?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Regarding changes: no changes whatsoever? Was waiting for the in cab 3 person seating. Was suspose to be late 2020 option. Now Ford is ditching this in 2021 as well?
I was waiting for the change in the gear lever and maybe an electronic parking brake. So all that stuff is gone for 2021? No awesome new color I was hoping for? No chance on 2nd gen ecoboost?

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Ford is not referring to any changes for the 2021 at this time. A lot of the advanced product development was shelved once all of the problems arose with the assembly plants closed and money being held back on development costs.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
We were expecting Ford to make a change in the 3.5L EcoBoost engine sometime in the 2020 production cycle but so far nothing has changed. It could happen at any point and it could be done once Ford quits building the Gen 1 engine and replacing it with the Gen 2 that is similar to the one already in the Ford F-150.

·
Registered
143 Posts
We were expecting Ford to make a change in the 3.5L EcoBoost engine sometime in the 2020 production cycle but so far nothing has changed. It could happen at any point and it could be done once Ford quits building the Gen 1 engine and replacing it with the Gen 2 that is similar to the one already in the Ford F-150.
But....When, Oh When?

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
When I first asked them about it, they told me the Gen 2 engine may be available sometime in the 2020 production scheduling but have not heard or seen anything to show the engine will be available any time soon.

·
Registered
2020 Cargo T-350 LWB HR EB on order...
102 Posts
Hi Ed,
Gen 2 of what motor?
We're referring to the 3.5-L EcoBoost engine. Among other things, Gen 1 does not have port fuel direct injection (PFDI). The Gen 2, as found on the F-150, has PFDI. The addition of PFDI eliminates the problem of carbon deposits on the intake valves of direct injection engines. You can get more information by searching the forum.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts