Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back in July 2019 when we ordered the 2020 T-250 MR CrewVan, the order guide listed the Push Down Manual Parking Brake as a option so we added it to the preview order. Months later when the CrewVan had a October 25th build date, we got a email from Ford that this option would not work properly on the CrewVan model with the changed floor it uses to incorporate the second row passenger seat. So Ford had to 'delete' it since the Transit was already in the production scheduling and we had no way to change it.

So finally getting the CrewVan less than 2 weeks ago, we had accumulated all of the special parts that make up the Push Down Manual Parking Brake and will be attempting to see if we can add it without any difficult complications. It takes about $300 of ordered parts based on the dealer cost to acquire all of the different parts related to making the change. There may be other modifications we will need to make to get this to work properly and then we will see how it works when converting to swivel seats.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Curious minds need to know...I reviewed the ordering code sheet from Ford Media and it seems that only the cargo versions are allowed (passenger with builders prep).

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have Scopema swivels on both my leather 10 way seats and just lowered the stock pull up parking brake using the bracket in the kit. I don't understand the need for the push brake conversion.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have Scopema swivels on both my leather 10 way seats and just lowered the stock pull up parking brake using the bracket in the kit. I don't understand the need for the push brake conversion.
Was that kit part of the Scopema package or a Ford part? Thanks again. Glad you mentioned you have the power seats, I was curious about that. Do you like your seats with the swivel??

·
Registered
467 Posts
Was that kit part of the Scopema package or a Ford part? Thanks again. Glad you mentioned you have the power seats, I was curious about that. Do you like your seats with the swivel??
The bracket came with the Scopema kit for the Transit but would be easy to make. We love them and use them all the time. Having rearward facing seats transforms the convenience inside the van.

Fitting them is mixed. The passenger swivel is relatively easy but the driver's-side needed shimming with washers to clear the top of the dual battery box. Both needed one of the holes opening up and I needed to get longer fasteners to accommodate the shims on the drivers side. Trimming the bottom of the seats was easy once I figured out to raise the to the max before measuring where to cut.

·
Registered
13 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts