Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Ford Transit Brand Group has indicated to me that the Power Sliding Side Door option will start scheduling production for Transits with that option starting on March 2nd. It does not mean that every order with that options will be scheduled on that day, but Ford will take the orders based on the date they were submitted and fill orders from that point. As always they build Transits together based on the particular body style so that will be the case once they add in the Power Sliding Side Door.

The first indication that the customer orders are getting ready to be built will be the change in the Vehicle status from 'Unscheduled - Material HOLD' to 'Unscheduled - Clean' and after that it will fall in place based on the body styles pulled for that particular production week.

For the Matt Ford customers who have this option on their order, I will email you once the status changes and then we can look for a VIN and projected build date to come later on.

·
Registered
2020 Cargo T-350 LWB HR EB on order...
102 Posts
Which has the latest estimated build date, the power sliding door or the split view camera?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ed, I've been waiting to order the new 2020 for things like this to settle in. So... everything in the BOB book (and elsewhere I see) shows that a 2020 Passenger AWD XL would include the power door. Is that accurate? Meaning any such order would be on hold at this point?

To clarify, the Power Sliding Door isn't an "option" on an XL Passenger, right? It's already included?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
If you look at the bottom of page 8 on the The Power Sliding Door, it shows that the Cargo van, Passenger Van XL, and the Passenger Van XLT models have the option for it. It is NOT STANDARD on ANY model and is not available on the 130" WB model.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey @CrewVanManInfo hope you are safe and well. Question suring this lockdown. Have you seen any power doors in action yet? Do you know if the factory version places the powered mechanism at the base of the door or mid door/channel?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
If you go back to the pictures I took from the Work Truck show in Indianapolis, IN back in March, 2019 the pictures of the mechanism for the Power Sliding Door was on the 2020 cargo van. They did not have it operational but you can see it uses a power tracking mechanism from the bottom of the door.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you go back to the pictures I took from the Work Truck show in Indianapolis, IN back in March, 2019 the pictures of the mechanism for the Power Sliding Door was on the 2020 cargo van. They did not have it operational but you can see it uses a power tracking mechanism from the bottom of the door.
Thanks! (I can't believe the search actually worked) good to know it's down on the floor. Now I can keep dreaming of what I'll do with my van when if eventually gets built and delivered in 2027

1 - 7 of 7 Posts