Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2018 Transit mid roof. The high brake lamp/rearview camera assembly has two caps for service access on the internals. I noticed one of the caps was missing after I took delivery. A replacement cap was installed by a service tech at a local dealership but it was a challenging fit. Now, it too has popped off. This is the second failure in two months. Has anyone else had this problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
I immediately flashed on political vandalism. If you live in a "red state", there is NO right, in red. Challenging to fit a replacement that soon falls out?

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
They had the same problem on the first delivered 2018 models when they went to the upper brake/rear view camera housing. One of my local dealers starting using silicone to hold them in place. You have to be sure to lock in the part that has the taps on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, the silicone approach may be called upon. The locking tabs broke off on the first replacement. The second replacement was a challenge to fit into place but it held until the winds kicked it loose. Thanks for the info, @CrewVanManInfo. Time to head back to the dealer.

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had issues also but I was installing a rear dash cam in the housing, saw how poor they were held or not held in place.
Silicone will make a mess if you ever plan to get in there. I used no residue black duct tape. You can't tell, no one is ever going to notice.
I do plan on getting behind there so tape is preferred by me.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I can't even find the part to get the number for the entire black housing. Junkyard trip may be in order. Evidently 2018 rear brake housing isn't a thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts