Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Similar to asdrew, my 2018 wagon was a 50k sticker with a sale price of 38k, that was with $5500 in rebates. Luckily I waited because I was looking at the exact same van with 18k miles on it for 34k from a dealer and they wouldn't budge, because "look at that great aftermarket TV that was added"

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Similar to asdrew, my 2018 wagon was a 50k sticker with a sale price of 38k, that was with $5500 in rebates. Luckily I waited because I was looking at the exact same van with 18k miles on it for 34k from a dealer and they wouldn't budge, because "look at that great aftermarket TV that was added"
"That's one fine TV! Ok, remove it and I'll pay you $32k. I'm sure you could sell that excellent TV for at LEAST $3000".

Reactions: asdrew

·
Registered
258 Posts
I was watching some Mid-West dealer videos, didn't write their names down, and it wasn't Matt Ford, and it seemed the "selling" price was about 3K below MSRP.

Trucar seems to be around the 3k less MSRP on this one: https://www.truecar.com/p/dashboard.../dealership/1446/inventory/1FTYR2CG7KKA11162/

How much under or over MSRP did you pay?
---------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: when comparing prices be sure to clearly state whether the factory money is included in your "price".

NOTE: best to ignore tax and license as it is distracting and not part of "price" of vehicle.

Due to unusual circumstances, I purchased two (2) new, EXACT SAME T-150s in last 12 months as follows:

MSRP $36,615
My price 31,497 (Includes doc fee but not sales tax)
Under 5,118 ($2,500 of this was factory rebate)

MSRP $37,450
My price 33,965 (Includes doc fee but not sales tax)
Under 3,485 ($1,500 of this was factory rebate)

ANALYSIS:

I paid $2,468 more for the 2019 (vs 2018) as follows:

$ 835 Price increase
633 Smaller dealer discount
1,000 Less factory rebate

$2,468 Difference

** Still hoping for another $1,000 factory money to be announced before I pickup in February!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
^^^ That is the exception and not common to get 25% off msrp on brand new Transit.

Of course, it's only a great deal if it's the Transit you are after.

Yes, Sport...... I wanted to get a used one. But a guy can grow waiting for one to present.

·
Registered
2015 T250 Highroof 3.5 EcoBoost Lunar Gray.
16 Posts
Bought our '15 custom order for a couple hundred below invoice, before discounts were applied.
That seemed to be the going thing back then. Costco and CU deals were right around that price, and our very nice local dealer matched them.
I ordered my 2015 high roof cargo 3.5 ecoboost with alloy wheels leather, seats full length rubber mat, liner kit in the cargo bay, lighting kit, trailer hitch reciever with trailer brake control, 4 auxiliary switches, lighted mirror visors, the big mirrors, ac and electric windows, and a few other items. Took 5 months to build. Got it thru trucar at$4800 off list for $51,000. I seriously wanted the gold color ( I think it was called Sahara Tan) 2 months into the build my fleet manager called and said they ran out so you have 3 days to select another color! I got Lunar Gray. It is beautiful but dark and rather heat absorbing. Wears out rear tires at a rate of 2.5 to 1 to the front tires. Rear brakes too. 80,000 miles and I'm on my third set of rear pads and third set of rear tires and they are bald now.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts