Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Based on the Transit specification sheet you had on another thread, the MSRP would be $45,180. Through Matt Ford pricing, we could sell that one to you for $42,785 less the current Ford rebate of $1500 = $41,285. That is $3,895 off MSRP and you may be able to get another $1000 on the Competitive/Conquest rebate if you own a 1995 or newer NON-Ford vehicle.

That is with the current Ford rebate in effect. If after January 3rd Ford adds more cash rebates, you would have even more money off the MSRP!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Wow, Travlin, are they depreciating that badly now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Wow, Travlin, are they depreciating that badly now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Maybe I just got lucky. A plumbing service was liquidating and had 3 Transits in different flavors and 1 Econoline. All were sold within a day or so after I found them on Craigslist. I got the pick of the litter. :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Paid 15K for a 2016 Transit 250 long wheel base medium high roof with 34K miles. It was on Craigslist. We saw the ad, called immediately and went there as fast as we could. There was a catch. We got to the address and it was a body shop. Salvage title. It was clean and no apparent damage. They did a good job? I knew we were taking a chance but the price was too good to pass up. We had been looking for a while. We bought it. So far so good. Tires wear evenly. The only thing I have seen so far is one of the hood hinges had been replaced. It’s been 6 months now. I have not had to do any mechanical repairs YET. Side door opens hard. Battery needs to be driven once a week, might have a bad cell or I might have small current draw. But so far I’m fine with the discount. Got my fingers crossed.

·
Super Moderator
3,816 Posts
I scored an extra good deal on my 2018 wagon. Sticker $50k, paid $37K. It had been apparently a special order then on the lot about 9 months.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
You have to think about the depreciation factor when you get a Transit other than the current year model. Even on the 2017 MR Builders Prep Transit just acquired, it was NEW as far as off the lot but then paid $27,000 for a MSRP $44,200 window sticker vehicle. asdrew got a 2018 model so figure out the possible first year depreciation factor for each of these Transits.

·
Registered
243 Posts
^^^ That is the exception and not common to get 25% off msrp on brand new Transit.

Of course, it's only a great deal if it's the Transit you are after.
I bought my new Transit in the Spring of 2017 for $28,836. MSRP was $38,470 so it was 25% off. The Transit had been sitting in dealer inventory for over 300 days, and Ford had a $5500 rebate on the leftover 2016 models. With the dealer discount and the rebate, it was almost $10K off sticker, and no dealer junk fees. It had all the options I wanted, and only the cargo floor mat that I didn't care about.

Mine may have been an exception, but they are out there...

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
When I worked for Ford years ago, we used depreciation factors for each year. Started with around 20% in the first year based on the MSRP less rebates. Second year was 10% to 15% based on the popularity of that specific model, more popular, less % factor. We used a 5 year basis because at that time most buyers were financing for 60 months and the values at this point could be really varied based on mileage and condition.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Bought our '15 custom order for a couple hundred below invoice, before discounts were applied.
That seemed to be the going thing back then. Costco and CU deals were right around that price, and our very nice local dealer matched them.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hey bigbasin!

I made a thread with this same question about a month ago when I got curious: https://www.fordtransitusaforum.com...-much-did-you-actually-pay-price-vs-msrp.html !

Here is the formulated data: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QkwfbfPdhz3bzLGwfoER7ERmb0-E2JDKSufAYzEOf_8/edit?usp=sharing

And here is a short summary:

Average Purchase Prices
Used $24,250
New $32,223 (+ $7972)
Van $27,327
Wagon $29,175 (+ $1847)
3.7L Engine $26,112
3.5L Engine $29,600 (+ $3488)

Average % Off MSRP
New 20%
Used 40%

Ford Transit USA Forums Preferred:
Engine: 3.5
Wheelbase: Long
Roof Height: Mid

Edit: added Geo's data!

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Hey bigbasin!

I made a thread with this same question about a month ago when I got curious: https://www.fordtransitusaforum.com...-much-did-you-actually-pay-price-vs-msrp.html !

Here is the formulated data: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QkwfbfPdhz3bzLGwfoER7ERmb0-E2JDKSufAYzEOf_8/edit?usp=sharing

And here is a short summary:

Average Purchase Prices
Used $24,250
New $32,900 (+ $8650)
Van $26,950
Wagon $29,175 (+ $2225)
3.7L Engine $24,750
3.5L Engine $29,600 (+ $4850)

Average % Off MSRP
New 19%
Used 40%

Ford Transit USA Forums Preferred:
Engine: 3.5
Wheelbase: Long
Roof Height: Mid

That's a very small sample and only from vans from the lots. Add in special order, even a small sampling, and the new % off will be much lower. I special ordered and was only able to get 10% off $50k msrp.

·
Registered
295 Posts
That's a very small sample and only from vans from the lots. Add in special order, even a small sampling, and the new % off will be much lower. I special ordered and was only able to get 10% off $50k msrp.
sportcoupe!

We have to start somewhere. I would be glad to add your data to the spreadsheet to bring it one step closer to average-reality!

·
Registered
7,527 Posts
Mine was new and $8000 under MSRP

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
You have to think about the depreciation factor when you get a Transit other than the current year model. Even on the 2017 MR Builders Prep Transit just acquired, it was NEW as far as off the lot but then paid $27,000 for a MSRP $44,200 window sticker vehicle. asdrew got a 2018 model so figure out the possible first year depreciation factor for each of these Transits.
Very good point CV Man.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Depreciation is really only an issue if you plan to sell the vehicle in a few years. Of course, plans can change...

When I bought my 1996 Roadtrek camper van back in 1997, a competing dealer tried to convince me that a 1997 model was worth paying $3k more than the new leftover 1996. When I finally sold the Roadtrek almost 20 years later, I doubt the 1 year age difference would have been worth the extra $3k.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts