Ford Transit USA Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
You will get to see the FIRST Production built CrewVan soon as the Matt Ford CrewVan is that vehicle. It is in production now with a February 11th build date (on the assembly line NOW) so you will get to see it in full detail on the Transit forum once it arrives at Matt Ford. Tentative ETA is close to March 1st.

www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FTBR1DG2LKA01428
Thank you for the update @[email protected] myself and I'm sure many people here will be pleased to see how the crew leaves the factory: flooring, passenger wall and door panels, trim, head liner, cargo area just to name a few. Cheers.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
It is a prototype vehicle that Ford is letting one of their Ford Corporate reps use for his work dealing with dealership issues. I got the window sticker (LKA00108) for it and it has NO pricing on it as well as shows it as vehicle NOT FOR SALE.

It has a lot of the special 2020 options like the Front/Rear Split View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Vehicle Maintenance Monitor, HID Headlamps, Side Sensing System, and Enhanced Active Park Assist.

You can look at the Matt Ford CrewVan and see that I ordered ALL of these options so I can show future buyers these options. www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FTBR1DG2LKA01428

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, no doubt seeing the production version will be a very welcome sight indeed, especially the way you have it built! It will also answer some very important questions for myself and I'm sure others that are debating the Crew versus Passenger

Some thoughts after seeing this pre-production built 2020 Crew as well as learning a little more about the available options on the Crew.

-(what appears to be an incandescent) Dome light shown in the attached picture next to what appears to be the "upgraded LED" dome lights shown in the rear cargo area... its oriented differently than the centered dome light. These items in the ceiling liner are also seen in the spy photos @CrewVanManInfo - I was hoping this was an HVAC vent of sorts :/ but it's a light?

-No finished wall panel below the drivers side second row seat. Maybe the production model will share the same lower second row wall panel - cup holder and a more finished look

-Is the large center console with Upfitter switches going to be problematic if an end user added either one of or both: 4x4 system (added shift lever), swivel seat. Does the larger console with switches simply take up too much room for one to maneuver their feet and knees around while coming and going from the front/rear

-Why on earth did Ford not make a dual sliding door option available on this Crew model?! As in work crew, meaning multiple people that need access into and out of the seating area. In a commercial environment I see people awkwardly wrangling their way around the back seat.

-If I have my information correct you cannot get the power sliding door on the Crew. A little less of a head scratcher than the lack of DSDs but still, a power slider is available on Passenger (late availability I'm told). This feature alone may push me to a Passenger over a Crew even though I don't want or need all the finished interior, HVAC ceiling/floor and wraparound windows. For my application I have young kids, think car seats, baby in one hand etc and as I approach the vehicle holding a car seat, child, groceries or all three at the same time the power slider would be SLICK

-No seating configurator on the Crew. How cool would two factory second row captain's seat be in the Crew?! Add in the DSD and a power sliders.... I know, I know I am now asking too much

**I'll stop there and not take up more space on this thread. Since this thread is focused on the first Crew I figured I'd put my thoughts down here. Anybody else echo any of my thoughts?

Thanks again to @CrewVanManInfo for all your hard work. Cheers to maybe hoping they continue to make strides in this Crew model!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts