Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfully used a two passenger seat from the rear of a Transit passenger van as a two passenger bench seat in the cab? Will a factory 2020 front two passenger bench seat bolt into a pre 2020 Transit cab? I am not against moving the emergency brake if necessary. I unsuccessfully searched the forum for an answer, sorry if I missed it.

·
Super Moderator
2,835 Posts
Not reported on here so far, the mounting systems are totally different so it would take a bit of work to make it happen.
And then there's the what about the liability? and will your insurance deny a claim? questions...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am concerned about the liability. However, there are a lot of people on the forum adding seats in the cargo area. I would think the liability issue would exist whether one adds seats in the rear or front.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hoping crewvanman will see this and advise if a 2020 factory front bench seat will bolt in a pre 2020 transit. There must be others who would like a front two person seat but don't want to buy a new van to get it.

·
Super Moderator
2,835 Posts
That's an interesting idea, it will likely be answered once they start producing them in that configuration.
It probably would involve at least a few new mounting points not included on pre-2020 vans.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts