Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This AM while heading out to Matt Ford, Jimmy was involved in a serious accident colliding into a flat bed trailer that caused the engine in his F-150 to enter the passenger compartment and pin him into the truck. They had to cut him out and he was sent by Care Flight to a area hospital.

Some of the forum members may have met him when they picked up their Transit as he is the General Sales Manager and handled the Ford rebates when you did your final pay on the vehicle. We are hoping for good news and would appreciate everyone keeping him in their prayers for a safe recovery.

·
Super Moderator
2,426 Posts
Prayers from the Sunshine State! 0:)

May those caring for Jimmy have full access to the skills God has graced them with.
May the Lord sustain him and his loved ones in the days ahead.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Local report on the accident.

www.kctv5.com/news/one-injured-in-crash-on-hwy-hwy-in-independence/article_0d53750e-99b5-11e9-a11a-7f57a8dfba47.html

Jimmy was about 1/2 mile from the dealership and as he came over the last hill, a truck with a gooseneck trailer was protruding out over the road and he tried to dodge it, catching the left side of the truck and ripping the door off but crushed in the cab area on him. They had to cut off the roof section to get him out. Luckily one of the sales staff at Matt Ford was right behind him and got paramedics there quickly.

More details later but he is in bad shape possibly losing his left leg.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He is still in stable condition after surgery to remove his left leg. During the surgery to remove his leg, he went into cardiac arrest so they had to stop the procedure to attend to his situation. He was temporarily placed into a induced coma state and after a day or so came out and surgery completed.

We continue to ask for extended prayers for him and his family. He is a important part of the Matt Ford dealer family and we hope he recovers and gets back to working with us the best way possible.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Very sorry about Mr. Thornhill’s situation, I hope he recovers as best as possible.

I am generally the slowest vehicle on the road, 5 to 15 under the limit, and I am certain that practice has avoided some unpleasantries.

You may be a perfect driver doing the speed limit, but there are a great many less than perfect, frequently juiced, drivers that can cause terrible problems.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sorry to make this announcement.

One of our Matt Ford cherished employees, James (Jimmy) Thornhill passed away this morning from injuries sustained in a tragic car accident on the way to work at Matt Ford on June 28th. When first in the hospital, he had his left leg removed and was in critical condition for a long while. Things went downhill the last few days and he passed on shortly before 11am today.

As part of his hospitalization, he had extreme medical expenses from being in intensive care all of the time. Ryan Matt has setup a GoFundMe Memorial Fund for Jimmy and his family to help with medical expenses and Matt Ford is matching up to $5000 in contributions for this effort.

You can go the Matt Ford facebook page (www.facebook.com/mattfordsalesMO/) for information on contributing to this fund. Some of the forum members who met Jimmy when getting their Transits got to meet him as he was a great contribution to the final sales numbers for your vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,230 Posts
Very sorry to hear of his passing. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, coworkers and friends.

Hein

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have added a new thread on the information about the Memorial Fund/GoFundME account for Jimmy Thornhill. Any amount you would contribute would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
285 Posts
My condolence to the Thornhill family, Matt Ford team and you CrewVanMan.
I did not meet or interact with Jimmy, but he clearly touched a lot of people.
Wishing you all the strength in this sad time and I hope that beyond the incredible sadness you find the strength to keep his image alive with your best memories of him.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Thanks for all the thoughts and messages for Jimmy and his family. The fund has reached 20% of the goal in one day so this will be a real help to the family in their time of need. Any amount you contribute is appreciated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts