Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just picked up a new 2019 Ford Transit 250. First thing I noticed with the van was that the drivers side power window doesn't move the entire way up or down when I hold the switch. Essentially, I hold the switch down and the window moves about an inch or two, then the switch makes a clicking noise, and the window stops. I can continue to do this to get the window down all the way - but it's very annoying. I have tried a few "reset" procedures that I have read online including the bounce back reset from the owners manual. Nothing seems to be helping..

I created a small video that shows the problem that you can view here. What else can/should I check before I take to a Ford dealership?

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I'll have a local Ford dealer take a look. Certainly seems odd to me, but I'm hoping a service technician can figure it out and it's not a bunch of money to get it working properly. Wish me luck... 🤣

·
Registered
2019 HR Cargo Oxford White 148 wb 3.7L
754 Posts
The connector for the power window and the door lock are the same, if you swap them, the window will do that. When I installed new speakers I found that out. maybe the previous owner had the door card off for some reason and mixed them up like I did.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Kazuo, I saw a video on YouTube about this so it's one of the first things I checked. When I swapped the plugs from the current position the doors locked immediately as I plugged it into the switch location. So this indicated to me that the plugs were in the correct location to begin with I also don't have issues with the locks not working, only the window issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts