Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must admit I am pretty intimidated by the power setup and needs of a conversion. I decided to chicken out and purchase the Bluetti AC200 with 1700wh capacity and solar. (400w of Renogy). Since my rig is mainly a weekender with occasional month long trips I figured this will work out for my needs. I am slightly concerned with the total battery bank capacity but expect I can work within it and also be able to extract the generator for other uses away from the van. I hope to document the set up and show whether or not the convienence is worth it. I have until September figure out the jist of it all. Until then I will focus on windows and ceiling and floor. But I hope this set up is all that is needed. (and I know 1200 in a van build is just another Tuesday)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Capacity looks good at 141Ah. Seems to imply a 25A charge rate from the vehicle which should charge it from flat in about 6 hours of driving maybe and the 400W of solar would take about 4+ hrs. on a perfect day. Looks well sized and has all the connections one would need. I think the only thing that would give me pause is the 25A vehicle charge rate.

·
Registered
525 Posts
With 400 watts of solar, the battery capacity is less important for simple things.

Don't wait until Sept. Put the panels out on the driveway, plug it in and start using it to power your tools and a refrigerator to do the work for your build. That way you will know very quickly if it will work out or not.

The biggest challenge of most of the smaller power systems like this isn't the battery capacity itself, it is the battery voltage. LiFe packs are nearly 2 volts higher than this type and it can cause havoc on the 12 volt refrigerator. Better to find out sooner than later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't wait until Sept. Put the panels out on the driveway, plug it in and start using it to power your tools and a refrigerator to do the work for your build. That way you will know very quickly if it will work out or not.
Due to it being an indigogo... I wont get it till Sept. But cie la vi

·
Registered
172 Posts
I hope it works out well. I like seeing competitors to GoalZero, it makes them all work a bit harder to make better products for us.
Good luck on the build.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a AC200 for my Ford Transit build. Have you figured out the best way to mount it in a cabinet?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts