Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for enough power to supply the fan with the stock wiring harnesses in the ceiling area ?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
The only place that I can think of is the CCP (Customer connection point ) on the side of the drivers seat , other then that there's a 20 amp 12 volt cig type outlet near the back door but I don't think I would use that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only place that I can think of is the CCP (Customer connection point ) on the side of the drivers seat , other then that there's a 20 amp 12 volt cig type outlet near the back door but I don't think I would use that.
Thanks for the info 👍 , we have had the Transit for a few days .
i did locate the CCP .

·
Registered
124 Posts
Exhaust fans consume roughly 1 - 5 amps @ 12 volts, so ~ 10 - 60 watts. Let's use 3 amps @ 12 volts = ~ 40 watts as an example.

Running a fan over night will use (40 watts) x (10 hrs) = 400 watt-hrs.

This is a substantial fraction of the capacity of a typical starter battery.

For this reason, vans like this often have a secondary (auxiliary) battery or power system to run these accessories.

For similar reasons, these auxiliary power systems often are re-charged by solar panels on top and / or connections to the alternator for charging while driving.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exhaust fans consume roughly 1 - 5 amps @ 12 volts, so ~ 10 - 60 watts. Let's use 3 amps @ 12 volts = ~ 40 watts as an example.

For this reason, vans like this often have a secondary (auxiliary) battery or power system to run these accessories.

For similar reasons, these auxiliary power systems often are re-charged by solar panels on top and / or connections to the alternator for charging while driving.
thanks for your information .
As of now we have a empty box , and planning the layout for haul bicycles, inflatable boat with all the junk to go with it .

·
Registered
50 Posts

I haven't tested mine, but faroutride shows some power consumption for theirs at a max of 2.9 on the highest setting. https://faroutride.com/maxxfan-review/ so considering the max is probably a good conservative amount. So at speed 5 out of 10 (.6amps) would be 7.2watts or 72 watts for 10 hours.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm wiring my fan into the factory upfitter switches, with dual batteries I figure I'll have no worries expecially for winter use.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I haven't tested mine, but faroutride shows some power consumption for theirs at a max of 2.9 on the highest setting. https://faroutride.com/maxxfan-review/ so considering the max is probably a good conservative amount. So at speed 5 out of 10 (.6amps) would be 7.2watts or 72 watts for 10 hours.
You are right - I was thinking about something else.

1 amp is probably a better estimate, so (1 amp) x (12 volts) = ~ 10 watts

That is well within the ability of the starter battery, especially if there is a small solar panel to help keep it charged up while stationary.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts