Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of outfitters that will install a power sliding door to a 2022 ford transit high roof passenger van? Located in CA but willing to travel for a DOT/warranty backed install. Ford has put PSD on restriction for the foreseeable future! Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anyone know of outfitters that will install a power sliding door to a 2022 ford transit high roof passenger van? Located in CA but willing to travel for a DOT/warranty backed install. Ford has put PSD on restriction for the foreseeable future! Thanks.
Maybe try searching for places that do vans for disabled folks?

·
Registered
2019 HR Cargo Oxford White 148 wb 3.7L
807 Posts
Found this:
MOTORIZED AUTOMATIC VAN SLIDING DOOR KIT
INSTALLED $4,499

·
Registered
2015 350 HD EL 3.2L HR Diesel Wagon
324 Posts
I saw one from Modifero Europe $395. I don't know anything about them but I remember seeing it.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
I saw one from Modifero Europe $395. I don't know anything about them but I remember seeing it.
OK you got my interest. I looked up the install instructions. Appears to basically be a nylon(?) rack and gear drive. There is a step where you "deactivate the door lock and handle" and its just the gear mechanism that then secures the door closed. :eek:

·
Registered
31 Posts
you might try contact local wrecking yards - whoever you call will go on their network to other junk yards and see what's out there and contact you with a price. i would not call more than one, though, as if the junk yard that has one sees two requests for the same item, he'll think it's worth more

just a suggestion

1 - 9 of 9 Posts