Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On the way from the hotel to the dealership this AM, I spied a unusual looking Transit passenger van. First thought with the sun on it is was a Ingot Silver but as I passed by it, it had a more of a blue hue to it. I had to turn around and go see it.

SURPRISE!.....SURPRISE!. My lucky day. More investigations on it as I did get some pictures of it as well as a VIN and trying to figure what a 'P' is in the VIN.

·
Registered
6,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Verified by pulling up the VIN and an online window sticker. BLUE MIST is the color on that passenger van. When I was doing test buildouts for the 2023 model, I did one in a MR just like this one. A little difference in the options with the one I built out compared to the Blue Mist I looked at!

Attachments

·
Registered
870 Posts
Cool! Funny but just yesterday I found a Duplicolor touch up spray by searching Ford Blue Mist (that had not popped up in previous searches). As you say, it was almost silver looking (but I only had a photo of a spray can cap to go by).

Now why I can't I see the photos of the BLUE MIST van? Can anyone else? I'm having a hate/hate affair with my browser lately and it not showing pix....😫

·
Registered
6,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took the pictures with my digital camera and it has a special cable hookup on my computer in TX. I am Kansas City through the weekend up through next Saturday. I will get the pictures on the forum once I get back to TX.

This will be another color that the sunlight may give it a different color look. I think it would look great on the passenger van as this one was and possibly a CrewVan. Not sure a HR Extended cargo van with NO windows would look that good with too much light color, but to each their own choices.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Augh.... torture! But okay, we'll keep an eye out in a week or so.

Anyone else roaming Kansas City with a camera now (or even a special cable)? SO curious :D

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Verified by pulling up the VIN and an online window sticker. BLUE MIST is the color on that passenger van. When I was doing test buildouts for the 2023 model, I did one in a MR just like this one. A little difference in the options with the one I built out compared to the Blue Mist I looked at!
Thanks. I was surprised 3.5L PFDI with 3.73 could be specified with heavy duty towing; assuming I’m reading window sticker correctly. I don’t know what 302A package includes, so could be making bad assumptions. Seems selected options are pretty good compromise between performance, fuel economy, and reasonable price (value is highly subjective of course, but prices have gotten so crazy high lately, that RWD and PFDI is a nice change).

·
Registered
237 Posts
On the way from the hotel to the dealership this AM, I spied a unusual looking Transit passenger van. First thought with the sun on it is was a Ingot Silver but as I passed by it, it had a more of a blue hue to it. I had to turn around and go see it.

SURPRISE!.....SURPRISE!. My lucky day. More investigations on it as I did get some pictures of it as well as a VIN and trying to figure what a 'P' is in the VIN.
Where was this early production 2023 located? Super interesting. Maybe P = pre-production??

I saw lots fun of transits all over on my way out of town!!

·
Registered
6,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The guy was at the QuikTrip gas station that is south of the dealership and about 4 miles from the plant. See how my luck is to be travelling by there and see it and questioned the color on it as at first the early morning lighting made it look Ingot Silver but after getting at a different angle, I could see the blue hue in the color. Turned around and went back to the QT. Luckily the guy stayed inside long enough so I could get my digital camera and get pictures of it. Shot a picture of the VIN on the dash and the white sticker in the passenger window that had a printed VIN. Luckily that online window sticker is listed in the historical system, or it may have been hard to get a pre-production window sticker.

·
Registered
6,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Has a power slider, so safe to assume offered in 2023?
I am sure they had that part set aside for that van. Note the assembly date at the top and I may have a MR passenger van built at the same time that could have the PSD on it. At least it is on the window sticker and the van was released on April 19th.

·
Registered
870 Posts
So it has two of the "new for 2023" features that we know of: Blue Mist paint color, and Digital Rearview Mirror. But not the black HID headlights, interestingly. Luckily it's a Passenger/XLT; otherwise I might be feeling one of the seven sins 😂

·
Registered
8,959 Posts
Light blue metallic is a very bold color offering! I'm surprised that it's even legal. What's next? Beige Metallic?! 😮

1 - 18 of 18 Posts