Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saludos! I am new to the forum, as well as van conversions. I recently purchased a 2016 Ford Transit 350 xlt with wrap around windows. There are 2 rear pop out windows that open a few inches. I have be scouring for information to alter the windows so that they would open all the way, by either a hydraulic arms or just replacing the hinge with a wider opening and using suction cups or latches... any ideas? As I investigate the options, I will also have to design the passenger side to open flush to the exterior wall of the van to allow the sliding door to open. Has anyone done it successfully with out damaging the window or seal... I would love to do it myself rather replace the entire window. Thank you to any direction...

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Saludos! I am new to the forum, as well as van conversions. I recently purchased a 2016 Ford Transit 350 xlt with wrap around windows. There are 2 rear pop out windows that open a few inches.
Welcome to the Forum

If you are talking about the OEM windows behind the "B" pillar, they are not very well designed. Members reported them not staying open when moving, shattering for no reason. Multiple Threads on the topic, below is one.

Good Luck

Semper Fi

·
Registered
2018 Ford Transit 350XLT 148 MR 3.5 Eco Boos Tow pkg 3.31 LS 12 Pass
10 Posts
Mine had the pop outs in the front two windows behind B pillar. I'm replacing them because I have two Great Danes and I need sliders. They rattle, move around a lot and make noise when "locked" open.
I went with VWD half sliders. The ones they have the ad on in the forums

·
Registered
2015 350 HD EL 3.2L HR Diesel Wagon
234 Posts
The either crack, break or come unglued. I've ordered some DP100PLUS to try to fix these.
w Inkedwindow latch_LI.jpg

·
Registered
2018 Ford Transit 350XLT 148 MR 3.5 Eco Boos Tow pkg 3.31 LS 12 Pass
10 Posts
The pop- outs do “lock” open, but rattle while driving at freeway speeds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts