Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the call today. My T350 that I loaded up on 4/26/14 with a $46,000 sticker has arrived. Move money, add insurance and we are on our way. We pull up and there is my new work truck, front and center. HR Peblo Gold. SWEET. Do the walk around, paint is flawless. Manager steps out with the keys, I jump in and BAM NO My Ford Touch. My first words to him are " this isn't mine". Inside we go paper work out and there it is on my order. After many calls and 2 hours to Ford we got nowhere. Jump foward, my cousin owns the dealership and placed the order as dealer stock so I would get it quicker. Who knew 7 months ago that Ford could still have there heads up their ass. The Factory took it upon themselves to build and ship with the "upgraded" radio instead. I told them I'm not taking it and let's reorder. At this point no one is happy, they have a $46.000 work truck w/ leather Eco trailer package all the bells and whistles, but a worthless entertainment system. After 30 min into building the truck again, BAM Peblo Gold is not a good color any longer. I shake my head, stand up wish them luck in selling there new van, and as George Therogood says. And Out The Door I Went.....

·
Registered
105 Posts
Fairgame, That sucks!!!! This is exactly what still has me worried about my van. I know now that it is supposed to be built 12-1-14 and I was able to print my window sticker yesterday but what has ford changed on me that I can't tell from the window sticker. This is what has me so upset about this whole ordering process. Why was my van held up so long with no reason for the delay? Why did ford change the priority on my van with no explanation? Finally why is their no one at ford that can tell me why? Come on FORD this is ridiculous!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Fairgame,

Sorry it didn't work on for you - would you mind sharing where this van is located?

And I take it the My Touch has to be installed at the Factory?

Did the dealer try to work with you - like maybe installing a third party unit? Well... if one exists.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea the dealer is awesome. Fullerton Ford in Somerville NJ. Like I said the owner is my cousin. Come Monday they will be busy with ford tryin to pry info from them on a time line for MFT. If it's a simple plug and play by changing out the center module when avil. And they put in writing that they can and will do it at a cost no greater then how it was ordered from the factory. At that point I said I will take it. That's where it stands..funny thing is I never once called the dealer, figure I get when I get it. So many forum users are checking everyday with web sites and dealers. They are all lost, they don't know what to tell any of us. So the saga continues. I know they will try hard for answers as we are family and they don't wont a luxury work van on the lot.. Btw the rear view camera sucks on the screen about the size of a pack of Kools.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
MFT includes lane departure warning too, I'm guessing it's more than just a simple swap out but who knows. I know there are better aftermarket solutions for lane departure warning available, as wel as large screens, but I can see why you would want the factory system.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
MFT includes lane departure warning too, I'm guessing it's more than just a simple swap out but who knows. I know there are better aftermarket solutions for lane departure warning available, as wel as large screens, but I can see why you would want the factory system.
Who sells a compatible larger than 4" screen. I ordered the single CD radio upgrade to get a screen. I suspect the standard screen will be too small for the rear camera. I noticed Transits with the larger 6" screen have a different housing. Did not want the expensive radio but would like a larger screen.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Who sells a compatible larger than 4" screen. I ordered the single CD radio upgrade to get a screen. I suspect the standard screen will be too small for the rear camera. I noticed Transits with the larger 6" screen have a different housing. Did not want the expensive radio but would like a larger screen.
I didn't mean compatible,
just a stand alone system.
Way nicer to have the 6"
screen but same with me, not at that price.

·
Registered
640 Posts
My friends 2015 GT has the lane departure, orange/red arrows light up in the mirriors when a vehicle is in the area, also the 8" display, so the mirriors are part of the system too. (?)
I wanted the 8" screen as it makes a big difference. I drove the "super size" transit Cargo @ the dearborn track with the smaller screen and could not see the parking cones well.
ended up backing up hanging 1/2 out the door like I have done for years.
A Garmin 496 with real time weather (portable) will be a better nav system for me
(my gps now is had held, but really good)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I also ordered the My Touch on May 10th. I was told the My Touch Radios would not be ready until the 2nd run which is December 1st along with the remote start so yea, I could see where your van would be wrong. I sure hope this doesn't happen to me. Someone said on another thread this radio system is same as what is in the Mustangs as far as sound goes and he said it was an Awesome sound (or something like that) I remember the option for the best radio with My touch and Sync was pretty expensive. Worth the wait I hope!!!
So if this is correct NO ONE should have a Transit with the My Touch yet!!!!????

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You are correct Packerbacker, no one does have MFT yet. The reason they went ahead and built my van without and shipped it, as I'm told is it was put in as dealer stock order. Thinking we would get it quicker because in April there was no Touch issues. But as the factory's often due, they disregard a dealer stock order and build as they see fit to put it on the lot. So in hind site it bit me in the ass. And now I have to start over. Not sure I'm gonna jump back in as they no longer offer Peblo Gold as a color. And after seeing it built in that color, don't think I will give in to any other color. Just gonna sit back and wait like I have been since April.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
At some point your order was changed, either by the dealer or the district sales office for your particular dealer. When the van was ordered, was there any items rejected on the order? To get the van built, there would have to be a change to get the radio that ended up in it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Pueblo Gold

What do mean "Pueblo Gold color is not a good color any longer"?? That`s the color I ordered. Build date 12-22-14.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When we sat down to reorder the truck after I decieded I wasn't going to settle for the van that was shipped, we got to the color choice, we punched in Peblo Gold not once but three times and it was rejected all three times. I was told they often do this with there colors. Who Knows!!
I assume you're safe as your order has been in. If you build it on line it doesn't reject PG.
And as far as the dealer changing my order , I can assure you they didn't as their paper work matched mine. And believe me they are not happy that I walked away from the van as I'm not. The base price is now $750 more then when I ordered it in April.
The only item rejected were short arm, heated mirrors , so we changed to long arm without a problem..

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
If your dealer did not change your order, it would have to be done by the District Sales Office. The factory only builds what the order shows as the radio option.

If your original Pueblo Gold paint has been discontinued as a standard or optional paint code, you might be able to order it as a FLEET vehicle and get the color you want.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Not that the Ford website is necessarily the last word, but Pueblo Gold is still a Transit color choice ($150) using their Build and Price tool on the Transit page.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea Brad it's only good if you do it that way, we check again thru the dealer today and again it was rejected.
As far as my order being changed at district Crewvanman, you are correct we tracked that yesterday.
They offered me $500.00 dollars off to accept it without MFT. Again not want I wanted or ordered.
Now don't shoot the messenger, I was told today from my dealer he was told from the district office that Alpine is working with Ford to build MFT for the Transit.
Here it comes, the systems are not ready, and there is no target date when they will be installing them. I don't know who or what to believe. I do know I'm pulling my depoist till Ford gets thier head removed from their ass, and I see it first hand working in a Transit.....

·
Registered
569 Posts
If they offered to give you the MFT when available, and all else was ok, I would take it. But then to me a radio is not a deal breaker.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts