Ford Transit USA Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
This is the response I got from the link that @RVing shared --the last paragraph is both comical and sad given the situation :LOL: :

If you want to try the AE015 that we have for the Transit Connect, it's very likely it will work. There's no risk. It'll either work perfectly or not at all. It's not going to do anything crazy or cause problems.
2019-2020 Ford Transit Connect Autostop Eliminator

If it doesn't work, I'll send you a prepaid return label to send it back so it won't cost you anything.

I only ask that you please have the vehicle in your possession and verify it has a physical button to disable the auto start/stop before making a purchase. We get so many people who contact us in anticipation of buying of vehicle. They buy our product, then end up not buying the vehicle and returning the device.

·
Registered
938 Posts
My bad. I did not realize you were using 3rd party 2nd alternator.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
450 Posts
This is the response I got from the link that @RVing shared --the last paragraph is both comical and sad given the situation :LOL: :

If you want to try the AE015 that we have for the Transit Connect, it's very likely it will work. There's no risk. It'll either work perfectly or not at all. It's not going to do anything crazy or cause problems.
2019-2020 Ford Transit Connect Autostop Eliminator

If it doesn't work, I'll send you a prepaid return label to send it back so it won't cost you anything.

I only ask that you please have the vehicle in your possession and verify it has a physical button to disable the auto start/stop before making a purchase. We get so many people who contact us in anticipation of buying of vehicle. They buy our product, then end up not buying the vehicle and returning the device.
Given all this stuff is pretty new, I think this is about as good as it gets. Or you can roll your own, as I said in my post, it is a pretty simple circuit. Bet there are several other aftermarket solutions out there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have not tried this myself but I have seen folks with Ford pickups disable start stop by applying a load to the 12v on the trailer wiring connector causing the vehicle to stay in tow mode which disables start/start. I've not tried this myself and I don't know what other effects trailer drive mode brings with it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I did try that but it did not work. It did work to disable the notification and chime when Autostart is turned on and off via the button.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here's another site showing start/stop disable on a current Ford F-150...I may try it when the new van arrives - M

How to permanently disable Auto Start-Stop on Ford F-150 - easy method

How to permanently disable Auto Start-Stop on Ford F-150 – easy method POSTED ON JUNE 26, 2020 - All Ford F-150 13th gen vehicles come standard with Auto Start-Stop feature which offers little benefit but is of great annoyance and potentially harmful to your vehicle’s battery and starter in the long run. This guide will help you permanently disable this feature on Ford F-150 without spending a dime.
  1. While your vehicle is turned off, look under the steering wheel and find a white box at the top left corner with 3 connectors connected to it.
  2. Disconnect the lowest connector which is for Auto Start-Stop button.
  3. This will automatically put the system in bypass mode – disabling the Auto Start-Stop function.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well, on my 20 van i already disconnected the button connector and nada. Pushing the button 'makes' two wires in that harness - so simply disconnecting 'opens' those wires so all that did was not allow me to turn it off manually. I put a timer device behind that button which now turns mine off automatically 11 seconds after startup. Video link of it working in another post......

·
Registered
Transit 2020 148 ext high roof cargo
90 Posts
I can confirm that there is no auto start stop with the ambulance package.
in fact before I drove off crewvanman took a picture of it for the forum. Eddie. Where is the photo!

·
Registered
7 Posts
The AutoStop Eliminator for 2019-2020 Transit Connect works great my 2020 Transit Cargo. I’ve had it for 4 months and works perfectly. Plugs in behind the OBD2. Cost was around $100.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry...should have included it:

All it does is remember the button position after restarts. So if you leave it off it stays off. It just works...doesn’t interfere with anything, or cause weird error messages. Well worth it.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I dont think starting and stopping your engine is causing additional bearing wear. There is no load, there is still oil film, and it's enough there is no metal to metal contact. It may be annoying however I think its a good fuel saving feature. When the engine isnt running it's not burning gas! I turn my motor off every chance i can get. The starter is very simple and lasts a long time and can ve swapped out in 6 minutes

·
Registered
2019 250 148 mr
153 Posts
I dont think starting and stopping your engine is causing additional bearing wear. There is no load, there is still oil film, and it's enough there is no metal to metal contact. It may be annoying however I think its a good fuel saving feature. When the engine isnt running it's not burning gas! I turn my motor off every chance i can get. The starter is very simple and lasts a long time and can ve swapped out in 6 minutes
If a starter is designed to last x number of starting cycles, and you use it on average 2-3 times a day. How long do you think it will last if you start using it several dozen times a day. Or for those stuck in traffic, maybe in the hundreds. It's also hard on the rest of the electrical system as starting your car requires a significantly higher amount of current all at once than all the other systems in your car combined. And then your alternator is working harder to recharge the lost current... all while in stop and go traffic?

And for what? 1 more mpg?

It's a cheaper system than programming the motor to shut off cylinders, but it's a lot less efficient.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you have an EB motor, I wonder how Ford protects the turbo bearings during multiple shut downs. Canton Racing has been selling this product for years to preserve turbo bearings. But it may only be a problem for racing motors, IDK (no affiliation) - M

24-150 Accusump Turbo After Oiler
The Accusump Turbo After Oiler is an effective way to extend the life of your turbocharger. When you shut off your turbocharged engine, the turbo gradually coasts to a stop. But the engine oil pump stops before the turbo does, which means the turbo bearings take a lot of abuse. The Turbo After-Oiler continues to supply pressurized oil to the turbo bearings after the engine has shut down to allow the turbo to spool down safely.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts