Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well Finally officially started my build today on my 2020 AWD 130WB Passenger Van. I'm going for a very unique build that will allow me to carry 10 people, switch to a cargo van and even drop in a tail-gaiting style kitchen complete with hot water and an outdoor shower. Later I'll add a drop-in bed platform. The challenge will be making everything work and making it look very 'professional' in the process. I'm going to DIY as much as possible, including a roof rack and window coverings, not just to save $, but because I can!

Today I started removing ceiling panels and putting in Amazon Basics Car Sound Deadener, 9.8″ x 15.7, went well and it seems like a good quality product. So far I've only finished the ceiling leaving a spot for my MaxxAir Fan.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once I removed the headliner I could actually walk around the van without brushing my head. This got me thinking I want to make a large cutout in the headliner maybe 44 x 96 and put a custom panel it, which would work well because I want to change most of the lights and put spotlights in for my passenger too. Has anyone done this?

The cutout would still allow the airbags and vents to function properly.

I've sketched out what I think I can do. I would have to figure a way to close of the edge and trim it out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
@gdufour1 Another passenger build!! I think cutting that out would look pretty awesome! I added some puck lights and a fan in the ceiling of our passenger van!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I came up with my electrical system design for interior lighting. I wanted to have spotlights for the first two rows of passenger seats. I'll install switches for each of these. For the interior lights I added, I wanted the option to have them switch on when the doors open, or operate in camping mode where they can be turned on /off or dimmed. I decided to power all these new lights from the house battery. This ensures that I am not overloading the existing interior lighting wiring or fuses.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Flarespace posted this recently. thought it was pretty neat. Van build was done by AVC Rig. It seats 8 and they claim it sleep 5. Im pretty sure that bed lift is just a converted standing desk...

·
Registered
571 Posts
Interesting. I have another cross member in my 148" 2017 passenger van located about where shown in red lines. Mine is a 350HD extended. I don't have any areas in my roof with that long of an unsuppported area.

·
Registered
571 Posts
This is what my ceiling is looking like after sound deadening. All of the roof has a nice dull thumping sound when I hit any area.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting. I have another cross member in my 148" 2017 passenger van located about where shown in red lines. Mine is a 350HD extended. I don't have any areas in my roof with that long of an unsuppported area.
View attachment 148289
Hmm all the more reason to get my roof deck done. I don’t try to sit on my van

1 - 9 of 9 Posts