• Waiting. Month Wait time

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Waiting. one month + wait time

Votes: 12 63.2%
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
I got some Ancor & Blue Sea parts and all my Victron components from Unaka Gear Co. Some was in stock or at least had a had a date for when it would be in stock. I cancelled anything that did not have an in-stock date from their distributors. They were great to work with as far as being up-front on availability and would compete on price. The remaining parts are mostly small stuff like certain fuses, fuse holders, terminals, lugs, etc. Those items are out of stock anywhere I looked. I'll probably find another brand if availability doesn't change in the next couple weeks.
Dude, Amazon. I ordered Blue sea stuff and had it in my shop 18 HOURS later.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Ford rear anti-sway bar kit - 6 weeks and counting. Consistent message - backordered parts.
Wheel well liners - 4 weeks but dealer promises can get from another dealer
Mud flaps - finally gave up and ordered Weathertech versions

What do these all have in common? Should be standard on a new $50K cargo van!
One of the things that held up my swayer order thru ford was the 4 speed nuts. you dont really need those. All you really need thru ford is the bar, brackets and isolators, end links probably can be bought at rock auto.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Once again i will point out to folks that Mcmaster car carries quite a bit of 8020, and will deliver in a day or 3 max.Yes it costs a bit more, but hey, if your blowing money using 80/20 then what's it matter if its a couple of hundred more?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you have a contact in the UK that can ship to you? I ordered mine from Kiravans in the UK and had them shipped to a contact there and who shipped them to me. Total time was a bit more than a week. It cost me $385 for a pair of Scopemas and shipping to the US was $145. Don't forget the driver sits on the right side over there. :)
Ordering a scopema from the uk. smart!

But I was curious about your price, I see the "Transit Custom V362 (2013+) / Transit V363 (2014+) Single Seat Swivel RIB - Driver (Right Hand Drive)" on kiravans for £177 ($244). But you mention you picked up a pair for 385 plus shipping. Was that a typo? Or how did you get such a good deal for 2? wouldn't it be closer to 500?

Also, curious about the driver side, I should order the "driver side" version, right? (The right hand drive is making me wonder, but I'm assuming driver side is driver side no matter what?)

And finally, is the "uk version" working well for you?

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
IIRC they were like £150 ea or so and I had a coupon code. In fact I seem to remember that , I "abandoned" my shopping cart and they sent me an email with a better coupon. That was pre-Brexit, so I am thinking the price may increased as a result, since they come from France.

Yes, UK driver = US passengers and visa versa. Of course the handbrake bracket will be included with wrong seat, but that would only be an issue if you were to be installing a swivel on the US drivers side only with the manual non-pushdown parking brake.

The $200 Amazing Auto is a good option from what I have read on this site. They had not posted their FMVSS test results when I was buying so the German TUV certification on the Scopema was important to me. If I was doing it now I might go that way.

·
Premium Member
2020 Transit 350 HR cargo EL 3.5L ecoboost AWD
10 Posts
Been waiting since the end of January for a stinking shower valve from Etrailer. They keep saying it will ship in "1 week" or "2 weeks" but so far it hasn't. They are holding the rest of my order hostage until this one single item comes in because I got the free shipping offer since my order was over $100. If I want the other items sooner, they said I'll need to pay shipping, lol.
Completely agree. eTrailer has been driving me crazy!

I have been trying to buy a set of rooftop mounting legs, cross-roof bars and 2 cargo boxes. Customer service is very friendly... but then takes weeks for shipping products they show in stock. I had ordered 2 Thule cargo boxes. UPS freight, LTL carrier, took 3 days of phone calls to schedule a delivery appointment. Truck arrived with only 1 of the 2 boxes - 2nd box now backordered for 6 months. Bars arrived without end caps or rubber trim. Uggghh! I never imagined how much frustration these bolt-on accessories could cause - and how many hours wasted listening to eTrailer hold music.

Oddly enough all the shipments have come from Wentzville, but seems more like they are taking orders and eventually shipping from the manufacturers' distribution center. Weird.

eTrailer prices good, promises great, results not so good. My advice - cut bait, run, pay more on Amazon (if available) but delivery dates are more accurate & reliable.

·
Registered
2019 MR non-ext
89 Posts
Completely agree. eTrailer has been driving me crazy!

eTrailer prices good, promises great, results not so good. My advice - cut bait, run, pay more on Amazon (if available) but delivery dates are more accurate & reliable.
Yep, I've cancelled the long-lead time items and went a different route. Trying not to use them anymore.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
eTrailer does not stock items, they drop ship. So they rely on suppliers like Keystone automotive and then undercut the MSRP pricing as they don't actually handle the product. However, the downside is those distributors are beyond swamped and don't have the inventory or are prioritizing large pallet sized orders over single small drop ship ones.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks for the clarification on the drop shipping. I don't think most people realize how wholesalers work for products that need frieght shipping.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Thanks for the clarification on the drop shipping. I don't think most people realize how wholesalers work for products that need frieght shipping.
It's not always the case, some actually have inventory on hand, but with someone like eTrailer that has thousands of products listed, odds are most are drop shipped.
They may also be utilizing a shipping warehouse that caters to multiple vendors and ships on their behalf.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Currently waiting on:
Fiamma awning=3+ months
Windows from Camper van HQ=3+ months - Super unhappy with their customer support. They left me in the dark for months, and when I ordered it said the windows were in stock.
Point zero Titan took over 3 months.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Understood, but if an item is delayed I expect an email letting the customer know. Waiting over a month till I have, called, emailed, texted, over and over to respond is unaceptable.
So I 100% agree that not keeping you in the loop is 100% unacceptable. There is no excuse.
From a logistics standpoint I think the majority of the transit windows are made in the UK by AM auto.
Getting anything out of the UK has proven to be a complete nightmare. Couriers and shipping companies are using a combination of Brexit and Covid as a excuse, we had a parcel of parts come from the UK UPS express 3 day, it ended up doing a month long loop in the UK and then eventually made it to Germany and then here.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ford rear anti-sway bar kit - 6 weeks and counting. Consistent message - backordered parts.
One of the things that held up my swayer order thru ford was the 4 speed nuts. you dont really need those. All you really need thru ford is the bar
I have a long story about this but I won't bore you with it at the moment. I'll just say that the problem most likely is the stabilizer bar. They're out almost everywhere. I would recommend giving up the wait and just go with the Helwig for an extra $75 (or whatever the difference is these days. And they're much easier to install) or keep calling around to different dealers until you find one that can get the stabilizer bar. I waited over 6 months to get all the parts in only to get the stabilizer bar last ... and by luck. When I called the dealer to complain for the thousandth time, I accidentally called the wrong dealer and that guy happened to find me a bar in two days (even though they were recently on back order for months too).

I'm not sure how shipping would work but Jon Christensen at Fox Ford in Chicago is the one that got me the bar in two-ish days.

P.S. 6 months later I'm still in a dispute with FordPartsGiant .com for screwing me. You have been warned ...

·
Registered
2020 Transit 250 LWB HR EL
1 Posts
Hello, new to the forum, 1st post. Pickup a used 2020 T-250 HR EL in Iowa about 5 weeks ago. The one thing I've found to be scarce is 3M 90 spray adhesive. I'm working on the wall/ceiling insulation and have found only 2 cans of the stuff after going to like 16 Menards, Ace, and Home Depots. Ordered one from Amazon, was back ordered for a month. Another Amazon seller sent me 2 cans, and when I looked at them, then said they were "Inverted"; you must spray upside down!

·
Registered
2021 AWD 148" HR 3.5L EcoBoost Avalanche Grey
173 Posts
The one thing I've found to be scarce is 3M 90 spray adhesive.
I checked stock at hardware stores near family, ended up doing an online order for in store pickup at a Home Depot and having my uncle in Florida send it out to me! I'm doing HPL for cabinet finishing so lots of glue in my build. Now if only my van would get here...

21 - 39 of 39 Posts