Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Waiting. one month + wait time

Votes: 12 63.2%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I have seen a lot of threads about parts availability being limited and I am just curious to what extent?
How many of you are waiting on parts? How long of a wait?
What sort of parts are hardest to find in stock?

·
Registered
24 Posts
A Dometic awning. Ordered over 10 weeks ago. Luckily I am still building the van so not in a huge hurry.

·
Registered
172 Posts
A friend just had his connect order cancelled because of the van not being available until next year due to computer chip supply problems. 🤮

·
Registered
2021 HR Extended AWD Transit T-250
56 Posts
Who did you purchase ancor and blue sea parts from that the wait is indefinite?
I got some Ancor & Blue Sea parts and all my Victron components from Unaka Gear Co. Some was in stock or at least had a had a date for when it would be in stock. I cancelled anything that did not have an in-stock date from their distributors. They were great to work with as far as being up-front on availability and would compete on price. The remaining parts are mostly small stuff like certain fuses, fuse holders, terminals, lugs, etc. Those items are out of stock anywhere I looked. I'll probably find another brand if availability doesn't change in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Transit XLT AWD LR Wagon, 3.5 EcoBoost V6,
156 Posts
Scopema swivel here, everything else is on the van.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Scopema swivel here, everything else is on the van.
Do you have a contact in the UK that can ship to you? I ordered mine from Kiravans in the UK and had them shipped to a contact there and who shipped them to me. Total time was a bit more than a week. It cost me $385 for a pair of Scopemas and shipping to the US was $145. Don't forget the driver sits on the right side over there. :)

·
Registered
2020 Ford Transit XLT AWD LR Wagon, 3.5 EcoBoost V6,
156 Posts
Do you have a contact in the UK that can ship to you? I ordered mine from Kiravans in the UK and had them shipped to a contact there and who shipped them to me. Total time was a bit more than a week. It cost me $385 for a pair of Scopemas and shipping to the US was $145. Don't forget the driver sits on the right side over there. :)
I already ordered from the Swivel Shop, with arrival due in June. Thanks for the heads up though. I decided to only tackle the passenger seat for now with the other stuff I was trying to tackle. I'm ready to stop the projects and start the adventure.

·
Registered
2020 T350 EB SRW AWD HR EL
791 Posts
This may be a bit off to this post.

The shortage and long wait times are not because of our great economy, rather our supply chains. We are too heavily dependent on supply houses from China, either finished product, parts, and raw materials. We are at the mercy of China. Their low price killed off all our manufacturing capability. They can raise the price at will. If China decides not to export its products to the U.S., our economy will collapse.

I love buying inexpensive imported products, but at what cost?.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Waiting on Thule awning and Ford rear mud flaps. Got my Pieps avalanche beacon this week after waiting 6 months but that is another story altogether.

·
Premium Member
2020 Transit 350 HR cargo EL 3.5L ecoboost AWD
10 Posts
Ford rear anti-sway bar kit - 6 weeks and counting. Consistent message - backordered parts.
Wheel well liners - 4 weeks but dealer promises can get from another dealer
Mud flaps - finally gave up and ordered Weathertech versions

What do these all have in common? Should be standard on a new $50K cargo van!

·
Registered
159 Posts
-6 months for crl awning window for my flare
-3+ months for crl full windows

·
Registered
2019 MR non-ext
89 Posts
Been waiting since the end of January for a stinking shower valve from Etrailer. They keep saying it will ship in "1 week" or "2 weeks" but so far it hasn't. They are holding the rest of my order hostage until this one single item comes in because I got the free shipping offer since my order was over $100. If I want the other items sooner, they said I'll need to pay shipping, lol.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Recently I have seen a lot of threads about parts availability being limited and I am just curious to what extent?
How many of you are waiting on parts? How long of a wait?
What sort of parts are hardest to find in stock?
We had a sensor go out...or a mouse chewed the wire! 🤬 Dealer says it back ordered until June!

·
Registered
14 Posts
The people that have voted, what are you waiting on??
My refrigerator. At the time of ordering (Jan 10 2021) I was told 12 weeks. Just before the 12 weeks were up I called in and was told 17 weeks. I have seen in other places DC refrigerators are hard to get.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My refrigerator. At the time of ordering (Jan 10 2021) I was told 12 weeks. Just before the 12 weeks were up I called in and was told 17 weeks. I have seen in other places DC refrigerators are hard to get.
This is industry wide, speaking to a couple of manufacturers fridges are pretty hard to get.
Too bad you aren't in Canada we have Norcold N1090BR's in stock, but they are a pain to ship stateside.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts