Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a floor to ceiling"blackout" type curtain to minimize light from escaping. Want it to look like nobody's home at night with the lights on.
I realize I will need to "seal" the edges very well but that shouldn't be an issue for me.
I just don't want to waste money trying to discover to "right" curtain.

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
Look into sound curtains. Not the ones sold at Walmart, the ones used by clubs to keep noise inside even though the door is open. Blackout is a given for such heavy curtains.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I bought blackout curtains and a shower curtain rod at Target for not very much. The business side is black with a white liner, so the black side faces the cab. If someone looks in, it just looks like a dark hole.

Reactions: surly Bill

·
Registered
138 Posts
We used these between front cab and rear living area. Sewn reflectix and/or Thinsilate inside for side window cover, bed-to-back door cover and garage-to, back door cover.

In all cases they were altered to fit. The material is 2 layers, gray on one side and black on there other.

The gray material snags occasionally but it's OK. Can't say I give these rave reviews, but I keep using them. I believe the price is very good.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T412WL...abc_HDQC6J36N6CENM4F1PMM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
63 Posts
I bought blackout curtains and a shower curtain rod at Target for not very much. The business side is black with a white liner, so the black side faces the cab. If someone looks in, it just looks like a dark hole.
Thanks for the idea. I'm planning to put a curtain in my rig also.

·
Registered
99 Posts
This guy used a projector screen - dual purpose! Per screen shot, look at 3:38 into the video.

Screen shot of screen being unfurled:

·
Registered
T150 XLT, 130", MR, 3.5 Ecoboost.
65 Posts
Looking for a floor to ceiling"blackout" type curtain to minimize light from escaping. Want it to look like nobody's home at night with the lights on.
I realize I will need to "seal" the edges very well but that shouldn't be an issue for me.
I just don't want to waste money trying to discover to "right" curtain.
Go to Fabric.com and look for STOF France 118" Blackout DraperyNoir. Its Perfect.

·
Registered
155 Posts
technically/legally, all fabric and interior finishes in the van need to be fire resistant. all curtains and upholstery i do is FR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts