Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2017 350HD. The parking break cable was almost severed just forward of the passenger side rear wheels. My Ford dealer wants $558 for the part and replacement. I was shocked. I did all my own maintenance for the last 50 years and this seems crazy.
Does that cost sound reasonable?

Happy Trails

·
Registered
392 Posts
You want reasonable or reality?
The workaround is cable clamp(s) and SS safety wire. Rigging can get interesting. Think about it. "Gimme some slack".

·
Registered
290 Posts

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
this seems crazy. Does that cost sound reasonable?
There is none I can see at that price. Maybe all added up.
wow, if all the cables needed replacement, that's only $50 for parts (retail). Throw in 3x upcharge on the parts cost. They're still charging three hours or so labor. Which does seem crazy.

Good idea to ask for a written, detailed estimate. I bet they won't give you one. This sounds like the all too common service dept trying to profit. Get a second opinion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thanks all, The labor is $409.95. The part was $143.94. I cannot do the work now due to physical problems and 65 hard years. I was hoping someone knew how to lookup flat rates for the transit 350HD.
I will have to pay them as I am stuck and the next dealer is far enough away that I will loose 2 days going there.
Happy Trails

1 - 8 of 8 Posts