Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I'll add that black plastic fades much faster than paint. If someone was to get a code for it by scanning, it would probably not match your 2018 plastic.

·
Super Moderator
3,300 Posts
I started painting my 2015's faded plastic with Krylon Black Stainless Metallic paint. Eventually it will be coated with clear satin from an HVLP gun because it's too glossy for me.
Still a work in progress.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
3,300 Posts
How close did the color come to original? I need some touching up.
It's real close in color, but a glossy metallic which is why it will be hit with some clear satin.

You might experiment with some satin charcoal shades if you are trying to do just one panel.
This whole van will be done, so it really could be any color (look @ the mirrors). So far only one side is done, this pic in the back shows the difference between painted and faded:

(that was just an experiment on the tail lamp, it will be wrapped/tinted like the mirror signals were instead)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I need to touch up around the fog lights, which appear to be the same as in the photo above. The original bumper is still like new but the trim around the passenger side fog light is dinged in 3 spots.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts