Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased (via preorder) the OVS 270 nomadic awning. It's supposed to be available on the 25th of June, hopefully it makes it here by the 4th.

I was impressed by zero poles and a 4yr warranty.

Wish me luck! (with the wife... the install looks relatively simple)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just purchased (via preorder) the OVS 270 nomadic awning. It's supposed to be available on the 25th of June, hopefully it makes it here by the 4th.

I was impressed by zero poles and a 4yr warranty.

Wish me luck! (with the wife... the install looks relatively simple)
Did you get yours yet? I'm still awaiting mine, and curious of the install. I did find pictures of someone who has installed it already on the forum 23zero 270 awning

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It showed up - the brackets didn't fit on my Front Runner Rack. I have new ones on hold from front runner that are machined for a diff rack but will be able to make work. Really it's the 15/16" of an edge that caused the problem. If you have a flush rack you'll be in great shape.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought about dropping in a spacer but ended up picking up another set of brackets from front Runner and my idea is to flip them over that way I'll be using two cross bars for support instead of just one. Probably overkill, but I'll feel better driving down the road with something that's purpose built.

I also talked to one of our local installers and they mentioned they've received guidance from FrontRunner to flip the rack upside-down in some cases. That seemed like entirely more work than I signed up for.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got around to putting the Legos together aka awning mount. I thing I did a pretty good job.... As I was climbing the ladder down thinking about next steps it occurred to me that I should've attached the brackets "snugly" THEN mounted the awning to account for any irregularities between the three mounts THEN wrenched the bracket hardware tight.

I'll also be taking the grinder or hack saw to shorten up the rail bolts.

Next step is to pickup a 6 pack and convince two buddies to come over and help with the final assembly... else rent a lift and put it in myself in the ready rent parking lot.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Finally got around to putting the Legos together aka awning mount. I thing I did a pretty good job.... As I was climbing the ladder down thinking about next steps it occurred to me that I should've attached the brackets "snugly" THEN mounted the awning to account for any irregularities between the three mounts THEN wrenched the bracket hardware tight.

I'll also be taking the grinder or hack saw to shorten up the rail bolts.

Next step is to pickup a 6 pack and convince two buddies to come over and help with the final assembly... else rent a lift and put it in myself in the ready rent parking lot.
Looks good! Thanks for sharing, I'm excited to receive mine...whenever it finally ships.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts