Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to my dealer because of some options I ordered, will be late availability like the power short arm heated mirrors, so I'm looking to get mine in September or October, got the lunar sky color , Ecoboost engine ,3.31 limited slip axle ,med roof, 148" wheelbase, the only thing I'm not happy it's the wheels , because I want the T350 I couldn't get the aluminum rims , so it's steel rims with hub cups , but overall I'm happy with my order.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I also noticed that the 350 didn't allow the alloy wheel option. Is the bolt pattern different or are the wheels just not strong enough? Aside from different shocks etc. what else does the 350 provide over the 250?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Looks like from the pictures of the rims, the alloy has 5 bolts and the steel rim for the T350 has 6 , it may be weaker wheel for a 9500 payload , besides a better suspension don't know of any other differences , I just know from my previous E250 van I owned to my current 3500 GMC I noticed a big difference in suspension and brakes , I changed a lot of brake pads on the E250 .My salesman didn't know too much about this new van , I hope the brakes on the 350 are heavy duty as well.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I also would want the short arm heated mirrors, so since I have to wait anyways I'll just sit tight and wait for some feedback on the vehicle and engine performance and real life MPG numbers. That'll also give me time to see the colors and get real numbers on the interior dimensions in critical spots.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Awesome keep us posted on when it arrives. Also what accessories would you think of getting for it?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I will post pictures, as far as accessories I will do my own shelving as I have different size tool boxes , and tools , I would like a bulkhead/ divider with door to cargo area , I'll see how the passenger seat to sliding door area allows to have one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you know if Ford is offering a shelving upfit incentive for the new transit cargo van? They offer one for the Econoline. Chevy and Nissan are offering it too. Nissan will rebate $700 if you opt out a shelving package. I went on the racks and bins config site https://secure.ford.com/transitupfits/garage/ and the retail price is $2225 for a basic package.
This would be a huge deterrent for me if they don't offer this incentive unless I find that I could get a system installed for around $700 which is about all its worth. This shelving is light gauge I'm told. One guy can pick up the entire system and load it into the truck without help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts