Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Ordered in July... still no build date

911 Views 16 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  Robert VanGo
Ordered a 23' transit in Eastern Ontario in July. My dealer still doesn't even have a build date (He's saying he doesn't have a VIN but i'm guessing he's just BSing or doesn't know how to find it). Are there others who've waited 6+months before being assigned a build date?

Just wondering whether there are some buttons i can press on the dealer to get more information, or if I should just sit tight and wait...
  • Haha
Reactions: ADVMuppet
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
U8U-2022 T350HD HR 148 EL AWD Cargo, EcoBoost, 3.73 LSD, 11,000 lb. GVWR, Oxford White, Fully Loaded
121 Posts
Ordered a 23' transit in Eastern Ontario in July. My dealer still doesn't even have a build date (He's saying he doesn't have a VIN but i'm guessing he's just BSing or doesn't know how to find it). Are there others who've waited 6+months before being assigned a build date?

Just wondering whether there are some buttons i can press on the dealer to get more information, or if I should just sit tight and wait...
15 Months & Still Counting! Still No VIN/Build Date. You're in Noob Rookie status... 🤣

· Registered
73 Posts
I'm in my 21st month of waiting...yes...twenty first!

My dealer called me a couple of weeks ago to say that my van will be built at the end of January...I haven't heard anything since. I told him I'm not going to get too excited until it's sitting in my driveway. I'm in southern Ontario BTW.

· Registered
U5X HR 350HD AWD Pass ordered 10/15. Had a 18' 150 MR Pass, then 19' 350 MR Pass.
14 Posts
Order in Oct 15th of 2021, ordered with a different dealer June 10th, found out my first order was balanced out in July. Received noticed Dec 15th of build date of February 13th with vin number. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, but that also means you see heaven and you have died...haha

· Registered
2023 T-250, 148" HR EB, 3.73 LSD (waiting.. ordered mid Aug 2022)
16 Posts
Yup.. Waiting since August so not quite as long as you. However I’m concerned that the light at the end of the tunnel might be red/upsetting. Apparently prices on new and old vans may be/are falling and by the time our vans arrive we’ll be locked into our high prices and paid too much and gas prices are still rising. So… after the long wait we might get expensive vans but not be happy campers. Gee.. I seem to be a grumpy old man today… hope this message doesn’t bring you down :)

· Registered
421 Posts
ordered February 2021, yes, 23 months ago! in Quebec. no build date yet. build date comes before VIN and will inevitably be pushed back several times. in these 23 months i have never been scheduled with a build date. once a VIN is assigned they HAVE to build it. no i do not have power sliding door they have never really made past a few of since 2020

· Registered
10 Posts

Ordered a" E1CO T 150 Cargo RWD" July 28th, 2022

Ordered with the "3.5 Ecoboost - Sync 4- 360 Camera" , hoping those don't hold it up.

With Luck I'll get it by mid summer to complete my build to travel south for the winter.

I was lucky with my wife's Bronco Sport It only took a few months after I ordered it in 2021.

Different story with the Bronco for me, I ordered it in 2021, it took 16 months. Have had 2017 & 2019 Transits which where delivered in a short time. Built both drove for a short time and enjoyed them.

I don't get mad at Ford for the delay, they only make money when they are sold so no reason for them to hold them up on purpose.

“Good things come to those who wait” Your patience will be rewarded.

· Registered
12 Posts
I ordered in November 2021 never got updates called dealer a few times. Just last week the salesman called said had a Vin,I rushed over and found out it’s built and just waiting delivery. Ordered the regular engine a few options no power door. I think the 100 thousand Amazon has ordered is part of the problem.We will all be happy when we finely get our Vans 🚐

· Registered
44 Posts
Ordered a 2022 on 2/11/2022 and order was balanced out by Ford
Ordered a 2023 on 8/18/2023 accepted on 8/19/2023 and order is still unscheduled clean; nothing but were sorry emails

· Registered
28 Posts

[/Ordered on 9/13/21 and still waiting! QUOTE]

· Registered
2 Posts

Nov 8, 2021. I ordered with the largest Ford dealer in DFW and it balanced out, re-upped with them (priority 10 code) as soon as I could
. I also ordered, this July 29, 2022, a similar van from CrewVanMan (Ed). So I now get two "we're sorry" emails. No nothing... just dead air. Mine is a 250, Ext, High roof w Eco boost, SYNC, and leather seats but no slide door. I'd like to know why mine isn't getting built, what have I ordered wrong?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts